Sunday, February 22, 2015

DEATH ANGEL: CANCEL OUT OF 2/28/2015 METAL AGAINST CANCER BENEFIT

WILL CARROLL, drummer for Bay Area, California, USA thrash legends DEATH ANGEL have announced he broke his foot taking out the trash as the band has canceled out their 2/28/2015 METAL AGAINST CANCER BENEFIT.    







 
DEATH ANGEL  unleashed "THE DREAM CALLS FOR BLOOD"10/11/2013 (EUROPE), 10/14/2013 (UK) and 10/15/2013 (NORTH AMERICA) via NUCLEAR BLAST RECORDS.




FROM DEATH ANGEL:
"Two days ago I was taking out the trash and in doing so I missed a step in my basement, rolled my foot and broke a bone in my right foot. Doctors say I can't drum for 3 to 4 weeks. Because of this Death Angel will not be playing the Metal Against Cancer benefit on Feb. 28th. I was looking forward to this show for many reasons but the biggest one is the fact that I lost my mother to cancer 11 years ago so it was important to me and DA to be a part of this great cause. This will also be the first show I have ever cancelled in the 27 years I've been playing live so this is hitting me on multiple levels. We put the word out to a couple of drummer friends to help out but they were unavailable. We decided there wasn't enough time to teach someone the set and make it presentable. The last thing we want to do is put on an unequal performance. People deserve better than that. We (especially me) apologize to everyone who bought tickets and to our fans who were expecting to see us. And to all the organizers, other bands and everyone involved. Maybe we'll be asked to do this again. I certainly hope so.
Will Carroll

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-