Thursday, March 14, 2019

LORD AHRIMAN (DARK FUNERAL) : "So yeah, I watched the Swedish pre-screening of Lord Of Chaos the other daySo yeah, I watched the Swedish pre-screening of Lord Of Chaos the other day."

LORD AHRIMAN, bassist for Swedish black metal warriors DARK FUNERAL has posted his opinion of  the movie "LORDS OF CHAOS", unleashed 2/8/2019 via GUNPOWDER and SKY, 20th CENTURY FOX and ARROW FILMS.













"LORDS OF CHAOS" stars RORY CULKIN, EMORY COHEN, ANTHONY DE LA TORRE, SKY FERREIRA, JACK KILMER, VALTER SKARSGARD, SAM COLEMAN, JONATHAN BARNWELL, ANDREW LAVELLE, JAMES EDWIN, WILSON GONZALEZ-OCHSENKNECHT and LUCIAN COLLIER.



 "LORDS OF CHAOS" is produced by INSURGENT MEDIA, SCOTT GREE FILMS, RSA FILMS and ELEVEN ARTS.

 "LORDS OF CHAOS" is also produced by KWESI DICKSON, DANNY GABAI, ERIC GORDON, KO MORDI and more.

"LORDS OF CHAOS" is directed by JONAS AKERLUND.


 "LORDS OF CHAOS" is distributed via VICE.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lords_of_Chaos_(film)







DARK FUNERAL unleashed"WHERE SHADOWS FOREVER REIGN", 6/3/2016 via CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS.

FROM LORD AHRIMAN:
So yeah, I watched the Swedish pre-screening of Lord Of Chaos the other day. Thanks STIM for inviting me!
I remember when the book came out , I tried to give it a shot, but because I could not relate to it, I didn't like it at all. I felt that it was one dimensional, didn't give justice to that era of time, but rather focused on one guy´s opinion, a few individual only, whereof the scene was much bigger, and also had some more relevant people and events that should have been mentioned or even included. Not sure what I would think about it if I read it today...
Anyway, fortunately the movie isn't based on the book, but rather a mix of actual events and fiction. It is not a documentary, but a movie, lets leave it as that! I do remember all of these events, when they happened, which they actually did. So looking at it as a movie, based on actual events, and not focusing too much on whether all details is correct or not, I feel it portray the atmosphere and the era of that time fairly well. The movie sure bring back a lot of memories, but that’s another story.
Anyway, as most of you people know, I was part of the Black Metal scene at the time. And I know, or have at least met many of the people who are portrayed in the movie. I do however not know how they feel about it all, yet. I never knew Euronymous, and I never been in contact with Varg, as far as I remember, but I hear he’s not too happy about the way he is portrayed. I respect that!
I have however had a good contact to many of my other Norwegian colleagues since the early 90’s, and still do to this day. This early friendship resulted in an invitation to Oslo, to play our very first show with Dark Funeral. It took place at Luse Lottes Pub on “Black Metal Nights” on May 4th, 1994, same day as we released our debut Mini-CD, and not too long after all the events had occur.
I do have mixed feelings about the movie. I understand it is controversial in many ways, but I find it extremely weird that people who seem to hate it the most didn't even participate in the scene at that time, or were even born in 1991-1993. It's a movie, not a documentary! / Lord Ahriman



Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-