Saturday, March 26, 2022

ITP V.022 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P. TAYLOR HAWKINS (DRUMMER FOO FIGHTERS and DREAM WIDOW)


 TAYLOR HAWKINS, drummer for U.S. rock legends FOO FIGHTERS (and metal band DREAM WIDOW) died 3/25/2022 at 50 in Bogota, Columbia on tour with FOO FIGHTERS.. No cause for TAYLOR HAWKINS death has been given. 

 According to BOGOTA, COLUMBIA police,  TAYLOR HAWKINS death may be drug related, pending an autopsy.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/taylor-hawkinss-cause-of-death-colombian-police-issue-statement/?fbclid=IwAR1aR_ECkGiBcOoE2_XrwbAD_Rj3S2ZQDQxbHi7Q2RFP0L69VghU-Ptru0o

TAYLOR HAWKINS also performed drums on pop star ALANIS MORISSETTE'S classic release "JAGGED LITTLE PILL".


 FOO FIGHTERS unleashed "MEDICINE AT MIDNIGHT", 2/5/2021 via RCA/ROSWELL. 

DREAM WIDOW unleashed the bands debut 3/25/2022 (SELF RELEASED). 

 

 

 FROM FOO FIGHTERS:

 


 

 FROM FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE: 

You'll be missed, Taylor.

 

FROM DIMMA: 

 

Now one of the better rock drums has inspired this world. This is not good news.
He is one of the few who have managed to become a living legend. RIP Taylor Hawkins.

 FROM CHARLIE BENANTE (DRUMMER ANTHRAX): 

What the hell?? My phone starting blowing up and I’m just … what the hell??
Too young and gifted to leave @foofighters #taylorhawkins πŸ’œ #shocked my heart goes out to his family
Wtf!

FROM MASTODON: 

Devastating news. Amazing drummer and an even cooler dude. The world is less badass without him. Our hearts go out to @foofighters and Taylor’s family unbelievable.

FROM TOM MORELLO (RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE)

  FROM DAVID COVERDALE (WHITESNAKE)


 

FROM BODY COUNT: 

 

Rest In Peace πŸ’”
FROM AXL ROSE (GUNS N ROSES):

 FROM TONY IOMMI (BLACK SABBATH):

 

FROM DEE SNIDER (TWISTED SISTER):


FROM STEVIE NICKS: 

 I just have to say~

Thank goodness for the photo booth in the Foo Fighters studio. Because of these pictures my friendship with Taylor will always be at my fingertips. He always came to my shows. He and his best friend Dave even let me be a Foo Fighter for a little while. We recorded a kick ass version of Gold Dust Woman (live) and at the end of the song I yelled out “Best Gold Dust Woman ever~”
And I meant it
Taylor was very handsome and he was very cute. Sometimes that combination is way better than “beautiful.” I think it’s everything. He had a huge heart and a glorious smile. When he walked into the room, everyone looked up. When he left the room, everyone was sad…
I am sad now
I am really sad
It’s like rolling thunder
Yes, that’s what I said
It’s like a bad dream~
Comes like a wave~
Gives you a moment
And then drags you away.
Our hearts are broken,
We will never be the same.
As I write these words~
I feel the pain.
But I will always remember~
That the laughter and the fame
Brought us together
To play the game
And we played it, again and again and again
And it was extraordinary~
Don’t forget us, “ T.”
We’ll be right here
Love you,
Stevie



FROM WOLF VAN HALEN: 
















FROM NANCY WILSON (HEART):

 

FROM MATT HEAFY (TRVIUM): 

 

Rest In Peace to one of the greats: Taylor Hawkins.
Our love to the @foofighters on your insurmountable loss.

 

 FROM RAY LUZIER (KORN): 

Wow.. walked off stage tonight to this horrendous news.. I can’t even compute in my brian that he’s gone. I’m wrecked beyond words.. you were so full of life, music, kindness, soul, talent.. I can’t.. my deepest condolences to Taylor’s family, friends, fans & the Foos. πŸ’”

 

 FROM SEEING RED RECORDS: 

Today we mourn another fellow musician who left us too soon....See you on the other side.
Rest In Peace πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€
 
FROM MIKE MCCREADY (PEARL JAM): 
 ’m sad and shocked about my friend Taylor’s death. I had the opportunity to play music with him, as a singer and drummer, in which he was both amazing! His energy lit up the stage. But I really will miss the phone calls about love of music and life. Taylor didn’t text much but loved to talk. He was one of the good ones. Miss & love you my friend and thinking about your family through this hard time.

 FROM WEEZER: 

We are terribly sorry to learn of the loss of our friend and musical brother Taylor Hawkins. So sorry to his family, Dave and the Foo family, and to the legions of his fans. Like everyone who knew him, we loved him. Rock Music wont be the same without him.

FROM DEATH ANGEL: 

 

’ll never forget the time when we were recording our album “Killing Season” in 2007 at Studio 606 in Northridge, CA which also happened be Foo Fighters studio / headquarters.
One day I was upstairs in the lounge making my French Press coffee when in comes the Foo Fighters to have a band meeting.
I felt intrusive and told them I’m about to be outta there to which Dave jokingly replied “No worries, stay and observe how professional we can be” as he proceeds to lead the discussion riffing on ideas for their next music video.
At this point they basically start making each other laugh with kooky scenarios that could be in the video. As I was about to go downstairs and start tracking guitars, DG says to Taylor, “How about at the end of the video each one of us takes turns slapping you hard in the face?” and the part that stands out in my memory is Taylor LOVING this idea, with this HUGE smile, happily agreeing to being repeatedly slapped on film by his band mates!
After hilarious laughter by all, Dave turns to me and says, “See what I mean about how professional we are?” and we all crack up.
They bid me a good recording session and I head downstairs still laughing and now beaming with positive vibes from that brief experience with the Foos, especially the down to earth enthusiasm of Taylor Hawkins.
It was barely an encounter yet one that I’ll cherish forever. As a fan it was amazing to have that “fly on the wall” moment alone with them, rare indeed. I could feel Taylor’s authenticity from across the room and his humble powerful force of nature spirit continues to inspire.
My heart goes out to his family, friends, band mates and fans. Rest In Peace Taylor Hawkins.

FROM MIKE PORTNOY: 
t’s been 18 hrs since hearing the news, and I’m still having trouble processing this…I went through the Camera Roll on my phone and this was the last time I watched Taylor play. Sat behind him for almost an entire set with his side band Chevy Metal. Afterwards, Max & I spent about an hour with him in his dressing room and we talked about everything from Rush to Jane’s Addiction to Yes. (I posted a pic of him & Max last night)
Sifting through old emails and texts with him last night was heartbreaking. The last time we spoke he invited me out to see the Foo Fighters at MSG in NYC and I had to cancel at the last minute because of thunderstorms that broke out in PA…he said no worries and I’m always welcome at any show, and I assumed we’d just hook up on his next time through. Of course, that will never happen now and I so regret not going to see his smiling face that last time…
This loss is so shocking and devastating…it’s really hitting hard. And I can’t help but think of how many of my drummer friends we’ve lost over the last few years. AJ Pero, Vinnie Paul, Joey Jordison, Frankie Banali, Nick Menza, Pat Torpey, Sean Reinert, Neil Peart & now Taylor Hawkins…time is precious and tomorrow is never guaranteed (for ourselves or our loved ones) #CarpeDiem πŸ˜₯πŸ’”πŸ™
Rest In Peace my friend… #RIPTaylorHawkins
 
FROM ZYLDIJAN CYMBALS:
 
"Scientifically, chemistry is defined as the study of substances. Musically, chemistry is defined as that standout, intangible “thing” that brings a band together and draws an audience in. In the Foo Fighters, that was Taylor Hawkins.
Taylor’s first major touring gig was with Sass Jordan which led to touring with then up and coming Canadian singer, Alanis Morissette. Her popularity skyrocketed and for the next two years, the surfer kid from Laguna who loved rock n roll was on his way to being a rock star in his own right. When the opportunity to play in Foo Fighters came about, Taylor jumped at the chance. You could easily say he was obsessed with rock n roll. His heroes were the icons of the 70’s and 80’s, like Queen, Rush, The Police and Genesis and their influence was evident in his playing. Whether he was behind the kit or fronting his bands Chevy Metal or Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders, he brought heat, humor and humility to the stage with him. He could rock a stadium one night and a pizza place the next. He could walk a red carpet and then show up at your door barefoot in board shorts. He was unapologetically honest and opinionated. And he was always trying to be a better musician. He was in the challenging position of playing drums in a band fronted by one of the most famous drummers in the world and he did it with grace, respect for his friend and front man, and with a smile that could light up the darkest arena. He will be missed by so many.
We send our love to Taylor’s wife and children, to his bandmates and his Foo Fighter family. To his fans around the world, play some Queen or air drum to “Tom Sawyer” in his honor." - Kirsten Matt, Zildjian Artist Relations

 FROM BARRETT MARTIN: 

Taylor Hawkins was a titan on the drums and an absolutely wonderful human being, full of great humor and an infectious spirit that loved music completely. I watched his drumming evolve over the decades, and the last time we spoke was backstage in New Orleans when we talked, one on one, about all the drummers we loved, down to the specific grooves and fills that inspired us. Then he went straight onto the stage and threw down lightning bolts for 3 hours with the Foos. What a soul. And what a terrible loss for his family, his bandmates, and rock & roll. This makes me so damn sad I just can’t believe it. Rest in the grooves Taylor, beautiful spirit that you are.

 

 

FROM MIKE MANGINI: 

 I don't have any pics together. Any drummer I've ever known that is a part of any clinic event is greatly affected by the camaraderie and sheer talent & uniqueness of all the performers a bit more than from regular concerts. It's a "team" thing, unlike any other kind of event. Beyond the music, our drum community lost an icon and friend to so many. I was stunned praying for his soul last night and today. Just 50. RIP Taylor.

 

FROM JASON BONHAM : 

10 mins before showtime tonight I was informed about the loss of a dear friend , amazing drummer , one hell of a singer and the first guy to respond in the lock down to join in a multi drummer Bonzo Montreux . I’m devastated , god speed and give my ole man a hug for me ❤️ JB

 FROM GLEN HUGHES:

 

Totally devasted
I love you Taylor
πŸ™

 FROM EDGAR WINTER ESTATE: 

Hello All,
Yesterday we lost yet another great musician: the amazing drummer, singer, and songwriter from one of my favorite groups—the fabulous Foo Fighters, Taylor Hawkins.
I had the honor and privilege of working with him as one of the guest artists on my forthcoming but yet to be released tribute album “Brother Johnny”. He did an incredible lead vocal on a song written by Johnny and featuring the phenomenal guitarist in my own band, Doug Rappoport.
It stands out in my mind as the highest energy and hardest rocking song on the entire album. I have always considered it stylistically the most uncharacteristically advanced song Johnny ever wrote, almost a precursor of heavy metal.
Because of this unusual quality we wanted a younger, more energetic, modern approach to the vocal. Our engineer, mixer, and producer (Ross Hogarth) had worked extensively with Taylor and they were very close friends. When Ross suggested Taylor (being such a huge Foo Fighters fan) I said WOW—how perfect. and I know Doug will be absolutely thrilled.
I had only just met Taylor, and barely got to know him, but I was so impressed by his sincerity, positive energy, and pure enthusiasm. He had a unique spontaneous style different from anyone I’ve ever worked with before. I can be very opinionated—but as soon as heard what he was doing, I knew it was best to step back, stay out of the way, and let him do his thing. That session was an experience I will never forget.
When I tried to open a business discussion, he simply would not hear of it. He said—I don’t want ANYTHING for doing this, I just want’a get out there and Rock. And Rock HE DID! I don’t know if it was out of respect for Johnny, a desire to help me in what I was doing, compassion for the nature of the project, or his friendship with Ross. Most probably all these things—but whatever it was, he gave it His ALL!
I listened to it last night, and couldn’t help but cry. It’s a song about the lure of sex, the danger of drugs, and the Love of Rock ‘n’ Roll. Johnny wrote it around the time of his first rehab, and it expresses feelings almost everyone I know has been through in one way or another. I would guess (like most all musicians) Taylor couldn’t help but identify with it. All I know is he put his whole heart and soul into it, and I am so sad that I never found a way to thank him properly as he so deeply and profoundly deserved.
The name of the song is “Guess I’ll Go Away”. Now, both Johnny and Taylor have gone a way no one can know, but which we all one day must travel. Although I know Johnny has departed this world, I still think of and speak to him every day, and will now see Taylor’s face along side his. Wherever that way may lead, I wish them Peace and Love on the journey, knowing I will join them soon—as we all will someday. Taylor, Monique and I both thank you with all our hearts.
Peace and Love,  

FROM JASON BITTNER (OVERKILL, SHADOWS FALL): 
 Well I've been underground since getting home from tour- I have had a bunch of my own things, like we all do, to deal with..........but I do want to mention the loss of Taylor Hawkins....just another super talented musician lost way too soon.......here's a shot with along with my bro Charlie, in happier days.......
FROM STEEL PANTHER: 
 Rock Music lost a great one last night and way too soon. Our hearts are with Taylor’s family, his bandmates and all those he touched through his music...
 
FROM JOHN PAUL JONES (LED ZEPPELIN) :
A lovely man and a great drummer, we will miss you.
FROM JOE WALSH: 
I can't find the words...
Taylor you were my little brother. I love you man. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and the band.
FROM HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS: 
Bill: On behalf of Huey and the rest of the boys, we are stunned and saddened to hear of Taylor Hawkins’ passing. The Foo Fighters family and the music world has lost a shining, bright, super-talented star.
The Foos are a real band of brothers, and Taylor’s contributions to that unit can’t be overstated. He could sing, he was handsome, he was kind, and he was a freaking maniac on the kit.
The first time I met Taylor was at a Foos show in Oakland. I had taken my teenage daughters (who were both in love with Dave Grohl) to the show and took them backstage to meet the guys. I walked up to Taylor in the green room and introduced myself, mentioning that I was Huey and the News’ drummer. He sprang to his feet and said, “No freaking way, dude. I grew up playing to your records!! “He called Dave over to meet me and we had a great little chat (my daughters were in shock at this point). Taylor and Dave were as down-to-earth and kind as anyone I’ve ever met.
We met again in Osaka, Japan a few years later, when HLN and the Foos were both touring there. We had a night off and all went down to the FF show. Again, Dave and the entire band were super gracious to us, having our entire entourage backstage before the show, and inviting us to go to dinner with them afterwards. I was standing on the side of the stage watching their show when it came time for Taylor’s solo. He played like a Tasmanian Devil for about 10 straight minutes, and if you’ve ever sat down at a set of drums, you’ll know that this is no easy feat. It was evident (I speak from first-hand experience) that Taylor was running out of gas, so to speak, and at that moment the monitor mixer leans over to me and says, “I can tell he’s really trying to impress you.” Well, mission accomplished.
I have always been a big FF fan, and Taylor’s drumming was so perfect for them. Our heartfelt condolences to Taylor’s wife and kids, and the entire FF family. They, and we, have lost a brother. Rest in Peace, kind sir.
 FROM JOE PERRY (AEROSMITH): 

 I’m greatly saddened today after hearing the news about Taylor Hawkins. He was one of those absoloutly rare people ya just couldn’t help feeling good around him. You see he loved his family and life thru and thru. And he was a ripping drummer. Taylor you will be missed!!
THE SMASHING PUMPKINS:  
 
Taylor Hawkins 1972-2022.
Our deepest sympathies to Taylor’s family, his fans, and of course his band.
FROM YES: 
 The YES family is saddened to hear of the death of Taylor Hawkins. He was a staple backstage at many Cali shows as he was a dear friend of our own Jon Davison. We send our love to all feeling pain at this sad time.
 
FROM RINGO STARR: 
 God bless Taylor peace and love to all his family and the band peace and love. 😎✌️🌟❤️🎢
🌈VIDEO BELOW: FOO FIGHTERS "BEST OF YOU" (LIVE 2006):

 

 

VIDEO BELOW: FOO FIGHTERS:"EVERLONG" (VIA YOU TUBE, COURTESY OF FOO FIGHTERS): 



VIDEO BELOW: ALANIS MORISSETTE: "YOU OUGHTA KNOW" (VIA YOU TUBE, COURTESY OF ALANIS MORISSETTE): 



 

 

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-