Sunday, May 21, 2023

ROGER WATERS: "Yesterday, my wife Kamilah, and I went to Perlacher Forst, to place White Roses on the graves of Sophie and Hans Scholl and Christopher Probst. Three of the seven members of the White Rose Movement who were executed by the Nazis here in Munich in 1943."


  ROGER WATERS, legendary former PINK FLOYD  bassist/vocalist visited PERLACHER FORST to place white roses on the graves of SOPHIE and HANS SCHOLL who members of the anti nazi WHITE ROSE MOVEMENT. 

ROGERS WATERS was accused of being anti semetic for supporting Palestinians in the conflict with Israel.

ROGER WATERS unleashed "Ca Ira" (OPERA) 8/29/2005 via SONY CLASSICAL.

 

 

 

 

 

 

FROM ROGER WATERS: 

 

Sunday May 20th Munich.
Today I am doing a concert in Munich. It will be great, I will play many of my best known songs, more than half from the Pink Floyd years, 1968 -1985. The audience will be very appreciative, we will all have a good time, but there will be an elephant in the room. Yesterday, my wife Kamilah, and I went to Perlacher Forst, to place White Roses on the graves of Sophie and Hans Scholl and Christopher Probst. Three of the seven members of the White Rose Movement who were executed by the Nazis here in Munich in 1943. Sophie Scholl’s last words before she was guillotined included “How can we expect righteousness to prevail when there is hardly anyone willing to give himself up individually to a righteous cause? Sophie Scholl is quite rightly held in awe as a heroine because she and her comrades in The White Rose Movement stood up in peaceful protest against a tyrannical racist regime that was murdering her Jewish brothers and sisters. Eli Wiesel, another hero, a holocaust survivor who wrote the book “La Nuit”, “Night” and was, a tireless advocate of holocaust remembrance, is reputed to have said, “The greatest sin of all is to stand by silent and indifferent.” He was referring of course to those who “stood by silent and indifferent” to the institutionalized murder of our Jewish brothers and sisters during the holocaust.
The Elephant in the room, that I won’t be mentioning during my concert here today is this. In Germany, four years ago, the government, by vote in the Bundestag in a resolution, enshrined a recommendation to the German people to “Stand by silent and indifferent” to the institutionalized murder of another group of our brothers and sisters by another tyrannical racist regime. The brothers and sisters to whom I refer are The Palestinian people. The tyrannical racist regime is The State of Israel. The Palestinian People’s only crime is that they were, historically, the overwhelming majority of the indigenous people living between the Jordan river and the sea in Palestine 1948 and they were in the way.
Speaking of 1948,1948 provides me with an ending. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was written and adopted in Paris in 1948 by the United Nations. Coincidentally the same year as the Nakba. You can’t miss The Universal Declaration of Human Rights. It holds the world record as the most translated document in history, to date it has been translated into 555 different languages. Read it. You either agree with its thirty articles or you don’t. You can’t cherry pick.
I thank all of you who have come to our shows in Germany, I hope you enjoyed yourselves. The fact that some in power in Germany and some at the behest of The Israeli Lobby have attacked me, wrongly accusing me of being an anti Semite, and have tried to cancel my shows saddens me. Walking around Munich yesterday afternoon I couldn’t shake off the feeling that I was in the presence of Big Brother. It leaves a bad taste. I am very proud of all my brothers and sisters here, in BDS or not, who stand up for human rights. You all carry the torch of Sophie and Hans Scholl and the rest of the White Rose movement. But the whole experience of coming here to Germany these last five years fills me with sorrow. I feel sorry for you having to live, or at least live with, the lies we are all fed by The Powers That Be.
Love
R
 
 
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-