Tuesday, July 14, 2026

ITP V.026 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P. MIKE BROWNING (FORMER DRUMMER, VOCALIST MORBID ANGEL, INCUBUS, NOCTURNUS AD)

 No photo description available.

 

Former MORBID ANGEL drummer and vocalist MIKE BROWNING died 7/12/2026 at 62. No cause of MIKE BROWNING'S death has been given. 

 

MIKE BROWNING also performed with extreme metal bands INCUBUS and NOCTURNUS AD 

  Tampa, Florida, U.S.A. Sci Fi, technical death metal warriors NOCTURNUS AD, via YOU TUBE,  have posted  "HOD, THE STELLAR LIGHT" , a track from the bands anticipated new release "UNICURSAL", due to be unleashed 5/17/2024 via PROFOUND LORE RECORDS.


NOCTURNUS AD unleashed "PARADOX",   5/24/2019 via PROFOUND LORE RECORDS.

 

MORBID ANGEL unleashed "KINGDOMS DISDAIN", 12/1/2017 via SILVER LINING MUSIC. 

 

 FROM PROFOUND LORE RECORDS: 

 

RIP death metal legend/sci-fi death metal godfather Mike Browning of Nocturnus/Nocturnus AD. Journey beyond the gateway to the outer void!
"Before Christ - I ruled the land
After Death - I will rule once again" 
 
FROM MALEVOLENT CREATION: 
 I just heard the bad news about Mike Browning passing yesterday. I am in disbelief right now. Mike was one of the first musicians i met in 1988 at a Nasty Savage /Death show in Miami. We exchanged phone numbers and he introduced us to all the great bands and musician's in Florida and for that i will forever be grateful. Mike was the nicest person you could ever meet and i just can't believe this. R.I.P. Mike Browning. You will be missed by many
 
FROM AGALLOCH: 
 
We’re saddened to hear of the passing of the legendary Mike Browning.  All of us are longtime fans of Nocturnus and of course the band he helped shape into existence, Morbid Angel.  We met Mike when we played Maryland Deathfest in 2014.  He was incredibly gracious and genuine.  We invited him to our upcoming show in Tampa.  He mentioned he was going to have just returned from a European tour the day before, so wasn’t sure he would make it.  Nonetheless, he did.  It meant the world to us.    
All of us are old enough to remember what it felt like to hear “The Key” for the first time in 1990/91.  It was perhaps the earliest death metal album to reveal what else death metal could be—it expanded the genre from the start.  Browning was an architect and visionary of the genre.  He was sorely needed then, and he’ll be sorely missed now.

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-R.I.P.