Saturday, May 7, 2011

NERGAL BACK ON STAGE FIRST TIME AFTER TRANSPLANT!


Polish death metal warriors BEHEMOTH have announced that vocalist-guitarist Adam "Nergal" Darski has returned to the stage for the first time after his bone marrow transplant with Fields Of The Nephilim. Adam "Nergal" Darski was diagnosed with Leukemia late last summer.
FROM BEHEMOTH:
We are proud to announce that yesterday Nergal hit the stage for the first time after transplant! Nergal performed the"Penetration" song together with Carl McCoy and Fields Of The Nephilim, who played a show in Katowice, Poland on May 6th, Mega Club.

Nergal & Carl McCoy

This is what we got from Nergal:

"I just came off stage...Katowice, Poland. It was my first performance after the transplant. I don’t remember when the last time I was THAT nervous. First of all, I had to join one of my favorite bands ever, true legends, Fields OF The Nephilim... secondly, I’m still not 100% in shape so I didn’t know how my body would react. I would risk saying I’m maybe 60% of what I used to be…but still progressing! Anyway, We did a song “Penetration” together with Carl McCoy and Co. What a blast I have to tell you. I had a serious adrenaline rush and it was such a boost of energy I can’t even describe. My mouth dried out after 30 seconds so I could hardly breathe but the energy wouldn’t let me stop. I was carried away. The moment I saw the crowd, I felt this double bass pounding underneath my feet... I was in trance. I’m counting days ‘til we come back with Behemoth full time. 5 months to go...huh."

Nergal & Fields Of The Nephilim
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-