Thursday, April 21, 2011

ORIGIN: Track by Track Commentary Part 2!


Topeka, Kansas based technical death metal heroes ORIGIN have posted the second episode of the track by track commentary of the bands anticipated new release "Entity" due to be unleashed via NUCLEAR BLAST June 7 (N. America) and June 10 (Europe.
FROM ORIGIN:
Technical death masters, ORIGIN, have released the second of three track by track commentaries concerning their highly anticipated new album Entity. Part 2 is as follows:



“5. Saligia

John Longstrength: This is one of the two epics of the album if you don't count the first three songs as a single unit (which is fine if you do). We started working on this song in New York about two years ago in the winter. Despite its density and size, this song came together with relative ease (for me).



Paul Ryan: My favorite track on the album and one of the most personal when I wrote it. I didn't know if we could pull it off but we did. Took about five takes at getting the solo with the right feel. For fans of WRATH OF VISHNU!!!



6. The Descent

Paul Ryan: An interlude to give the listener a break. Peaceful yet dark.



John Longstrength: MY BEST DRUM PERFORMANCE EVER!!!





7. Fornever

John Longtrength: Something about this song that just gets me every time. It was a complete pain in the ass to learn, but every time I got it right I felt like I had accomplished something special. I wont speak any further on this song. Its music so it requires no words to be spoken about it.



Paul Ryan: Influenced by two of my favorite bands DEATH and SUFFOCATION. I was listening to a lot of Individual Thought Patterns and Pierced From Within when I wrote the music for this one. It took a little bit to get all the stops tight but once we did it was awesome!





Mike Flores: Yep, the end of the song was like playing a video game. Addicted to playing it because I was so close to playing it right. Took some time to understand it.



8. Committed

John Longstrength: By far the most experimental thing we have done to date. Simple and to the point for me until the "numbers section", but totally off the hook for guitars.

Paul Ryan: One of the craziest high pitch screechy things I have ever written. Its the song that the guy who listens to death metal brings his girlfriend that doesn’t listen to metal to a show and she will be like, “why do you listen to this? WTF?! FML!”



Mike Flores: This song just sounds scary! It sounds like a horror movie seen with your ears.”



Look for Entity in both physical and digital formats on June 7 (N. America) and June 10 (Europe). Artwork was handled this time around by Colin Marks.
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-