Tuesday, December 16, 2014

COBALT: "It is with great sadness that I have to announce the following: I will be moving forward with Cobalt without my brother Phil. His recent activities have made it impossible for the two of us to continue on a creative path."

ERIK WUNDER, bassist/drummer of Colorado, U.S.A. based black metal warriors COBALT have sent this statement as guitarist/vocalist Phil McSorley has left the band.








COBALT unleashed "Gin" 3/17/2009 via PROFOUND LORE RECORDS.





FROM COBALT:
It is with great sadness that I have to announce the following: I will be moving forward with Cobalt without my brother Phil. His recent activities have made it impossible for the two of us to continue on a creative path. We started Cobalt 12 years ago, and our music has carried us through many storms. I am extremely proud of what we have done. But our ideals no longer match, and it is time to keep going. I’ve been working rigorously on the material for ‘Slow Forever’, and I am set to enter the studio in June 2015 to begin tracking. The loss of Phil is a devastating blow, but I can’t let what has happened stop me from completing my work. I am still unclear as to who will be doing the vocals on the album. I have some people in mind. Or I may do them myself. We’ll see. But it is ultimately sad to lose Phil’s relentless presence and savage force. More will be posted as it develops. Thank you to everyone who has supported Cobalt over the years and continues to support the band.
Erik W.


FROM TERRORIZER:
Some inflammatory comments made by (now ex-) COBALT vocalist Phillip McSorley online over the past week have recently re-ignited debates over extreme views within extreme music – but it’s time to stop giving black metal musicians a free pass for being intolerant and abusive, argues Terrorizer’s Kez Whelan.
http://Terrorize.it/bafp
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-