Friday, March 20, 2015

ITP V.015 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P. A.J PERO (DRUMMER) TWISTED SISTER

Long Island, New York based hard rock legends TWISTED SISTER have sadly announced the passing of drummer A.J PERO at 55. No cause of death has been determined at this time as PERO died on the bus on tour with ADRENALINE MOB and was pronounced DEAD in a Poughkeepsie, NY hospital. 









TWISTED SISTER released "Still Hungry" 10/19/2004 via SPIT FIRE RECORDS and "LIVE AT THE MARQUEE" (2011).

 ADRENALINE MOB released "Dearly Departed" 2/10/2015 via CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS.




FROM NBC NEWS NEW YORK: Twisted Sister drummer AJ Pero dies at age 55 http://4.nbcny.com/SXzd0Ci

FROM TWISTED SISTER:
The members of Twisted Sister are profoundly saddened to announce the untimely passing of our brother, AJ Pero
The band, crew and most importantly the family of AJ Pero thank you for your thoughts and prayers at this time.

FROM ADRENALINE MOB: 

We write this with tears in our eyes & our hearts broken to pieces.. our beloved brother AJ Pero peacefully passed away in his sleep this morning on the bus. We are in complete shock & our hearts & prayers go out to his family. It has been nothing short of an honor to have shared the stage with such a beautiful soul & legend! We love you AJ, rest in peace.
We will cherish this last picture we all took together on tour forever! What a great night we had... we'll miss you buddy!


FROM THE CHANCE THEATER (POUGHKEEPSIE, NY): 

Drowning Pool along with the locals bands with be playing in honor of AJ. The Adrenaline Mob were there, will not be playing, and are just as devastated as is everyone. Please keep AJ's family in your prayers, along with Twisted Sister and all who loved him and his heart.




"AJ Pero was a force, the likes of which I doubt I will ever have the chance to play in front of again. His drumming was legendary but his heart, as a human being, was even greater.
This April 1st would have been his 33rd year as a member.
In the Twisted Sister world he was always affectionately known as "the new guy". That is how long and deep our history was/is.
In our hearts he will always be the engine that drove the train. I loved him and today my heart has been ripped out. RIP"

From Dee Snider

"Today I lost a brother. Anthony Jude Pero passed away. A.J. was the final piece in a band that would become an international sensation and one of the greatest live rock acts to ever hit the stage. His sledgehammer assault on the drums helped drive Twisted Sister and I to greatness and inspired me to rock every single show. My heart breaks knowing I will never feel the power of his beat behind me, or turn to see his face smiling broadly from the sheer joy he got from doing what he loved. I will always remember that smile. RIP my friend."

From Mark "The Animal" Mendoza

This morning I received the tragic news about AJ's passing. As anyone would be, I am devastated. With such a loss, even I broke down and cried, allegedly the tough guy in the band. One statement says it all, "AJ was my band mate, my friend and my brother and I will miss him forever".

From Eddie Ojeda:

My family, extended Twisted Sister family, and I are heartbroken and devastated to hear the news of Anthony Jude Pero's passing. A.J. was a dear friend and brother to me, and in my opinion, one of the most talented drummers of all time. I will always remember the amazing experiences and great laughs we shared. A.J. always had an amazing sense of humor and did his best to please everyone he came in contact with.

Back in the day, when the band first started touring, we were often room-mates and he never failed to keep me smiling. It's very difficult for me to talk about this right now. However, I feel that out of respect for his legacy, it's important for us to let the world know how we all felt and will always feel about him. I know I will dearly miss him, but I'm grateful to have been his friend and musical partner for thirty three years.

At this time, my sincerest sympathies go out to his family. Heaven just got a great drummer, one that will live forever in our hearts.


Drowning Pool along with the locals bands with be playing in honor of AJ. The Adrenaline Mob were there, will not be playing, and are just as devastated as is everyone. Please keep AJ's family in your prayers, along with Twisted Sister and all who loved him and his heart.

The Chance Theater shared Frank Pallett's photo.

FROM FRANK PALLETT: 'We are deeply saddened by the loss of our brother A.J. Pero. I was just speaking to A.J last night. I was telling him about my daughter he was sharing news that he is now a proud grandfather. Now he is gone. We are all devastated! I was fortunate to become friends with AJ back in 1992 after Twisted Sister first split. We played some shows together with Big Guns and remained friends ever since. I am forever grateful for the John Falcone benefit which AJ and I coordinated back in 2012. All the guys in the Twisted Sister camp are not just friends, but are all a class act, especially A.J. This morning I received a call from the city Poughkeespie P.D. about the horrible news. AJ suffered a massive heart attack at The Chance. On my way to the hospital I prayed he would make it. Unfortunately paramedics could not save him. He was pronounced dead at 11:06am this morning. I speak for everyone on my behalf, RIP brother we are thankful for everything you have done for us and the community. Most importantly your friendship. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. This picture was taken backstage at The Det. John Falcone benefit that included Twisted Sister, Y & T and 3 up 3 Down.'
Frank Pallett

We are deeply saddened by the loss of our brother A.J. Pero. I was just speaking to A.J last night. I was telling him about my daughter he was sharing news that...


FROM JASON BITTNER (FORMER SHADOWS FALL DRUMMER/CURRENT FLOTSAM AND JETSAM DRUMMER):

Oh My God I am beside myself to hear of the passing of one of my early drum heroes and friend AJ Pero!!! AJ was the first guy to get me to play a cowbell, was an amazing drummer and a great guy...........always had to time to hang out everytime I'd see him, and it was an honor for me to know him..........this was the last time we saw each other last year when we both played in Belgium at the Alcatraz Festival and boy were TS on fire that night!! RIP my friend and fellow New Yorker......the fire still burns!!!

FROM CHRIS JERICHO: 

All of us in the Fozzy Family would like to extend our sincerest condolences to our friends in Twisted Sister & Adrenaline Mob and the family of legendary drummer AJ Pero on his passing today. RIP AJ!

FROM NON POINT: 

Saddened to hear the passing of AJ Pero drummer for Twisted Sister and Adrenaline Mob. RIP buddy.

FROM MARK SLAUGHTER (SLAUGHTER): 

My thoughts and Prayers go out to the Families and Friends of AJ Pero and Mike Porcaro. Both flew to the Angels this week.
AJ Pero Drummer of Twisted Sister.
Mike Porcaro Bassist of Toto


FROM BIOHAZARD: 

RIP ‪#‎AjPero‬ Twisted Sister ‪#‎Drummer‬

FROM SHAI HALUD: 

Come Out And Play, one of @TwistedSisterNY's most ripping songs. R.I.P. @AJPero.

FROM MARTYR ART: 

R.I.P A.J. Pero.
You, your friends, family and Adrenaline Mob are in my thoughts.

FROM BLOODSTOCK OPEN AIR FEST: 

Very saddened to hear this news ... Our condolences to his family and his twisted sister family ....

FROM GRASPOP METAL MEETING: 

We’re all pretty devastated to hear of the latest tragedy to one of our favourite bands! Twisted Sister drummer A.J. Pero has died at the age of 55. Our thoughts are with his friends, family and band mates!

FROM FULL DEVIL JACKET: 

Our deepest sympathies go out to AJ Pero, his Family and the Adrenaline Mob Family. He will be deeply missed by all.

FROM "TIGMAN" WPDH: 

People have started to put candles down outside The Chance in memory of AJ Pero
— at The Chance Theater.

FROM DROWNING POOL: 

DP band & crew. Our heart goes out to Adrenaline Mob and AJ Pero.
Adrenaline Mob


FROM DAVID DRAIMAN (DISTURBED):

RIP
FROM ANVIL: 

Very saddened to hear the news of our brother AJ Pero's passing! R.I.P Brother!!!

FROM FLOTSAM AND JETSAM:  

Flotsam and Jetsam send their condolences to the family of AJ Pero and the Twisted Sister family, we are sorry for your loss!!

FROM VISION OF DISORDER: 

RIP to AJ Pero of Twisted Sister. Here's a Twisted Sister Cover we did 15 years ago.

FROM JOHNNY KELLY (TYPE O NEGATIVE, A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH, DANZIG, SEVENTH VOID, KILL DEVIL HILL):

I'm absolutely crushed about AJ Pero passing away. So many things come to mind thinking about this. I first met AJ when I was 18 years old. He was always great to me. He would help us younger players out with anything he could. Letting us use his Vistalite kit, giving us sticks and cymbals. I still have the Zildjian Earth Ride I got from him! I was even able to tech for him a few times. I was also able to convince him into giving me lessons! He taught me things that I still carry with me even now. To see him play in a rehearsal room or a small club was nothing short of amazing! They were drum lessons themselves! He had the perfect blend of grace and power. Lots of power! He really was such an accomplished player. His mother's house was like a shrine to him. There were tons of trophies, awards and other accomplishments of his all over the place! He was doing things as a child that most won't ever accomplish! The people that had the opportunity to play with him, will tell you how he was the real deal. Whatever band he was playing with, he made them a million times better. Until they saw him play, I know my friends grew tired of me telling them how good he was. When I first joined Type O, he helped me out with contacts and pointers on how to handle situations professionally. He also helped me out years later with Sabian. Just recently he was telling me how proud he was of me and I made him accept the fact he played a big part in who I am as a drummer. He didn't have to say that. It's just who he was. He was always the same great guy wherever he was or whoever he was with. I'm trying to wrap my head around what has happened. A bunch of memories are swirling around right now. My condolences to his bandmates. My heart is truly broken for his wife and his children. If you knew him, you know how big of a loss this truly is. Rest in peace my friend.

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-R.I.P. -\m/ -l-