Tuesday, July 18, 2017

PRO-PAIN: "Hello everyone. I'm recovering nicely thus far, especially regarding the wounds to the back of my head, left eye and nose. So, I'm starting to look and feel more like myself again. Some of my injuries include a Lefort Fracture 1 and Lefort Fracture 111 which are basically mid facial fractures"

New York based metal core warriors PRO PAIN have posted this statement on the recovery of vocalist-guitarist GARY MESKIL who was the victim of a 7/3/2017 robbery/ attempted murder while on tour with his band in Belgium.








PRO PAIN unleashed "VOICE OF REBELLION" (2015) via SPV/STEAMHAMMER.

FROM PRO-PAIN:

Update from Gary:
"Hello everyone.
I'm recovering nicely thus far, especially regarding the wounds to the back of my head, left eye and nose. So, I'm starting to look and feel more like myself again. Some of my injuries include a Lefort Fracture 1 and Lefort Fracture 111 which are basically mid facial fractures. When I first attempted to sing the other day, I couldn't even go one sentence without extreme pain. Yesterday, I sang 5 songs in the rehearsal room....so that was a huge milestone for me! It's difficult to scream certain words, especially those which start with the letters "t" and "s" because they seem to strike exactly on the fracture site........but the pain is significantly less than last week.

Today I plan to return to the studio to see what I can do. On a sad note, I wish to express my heartfelt condolences to Adrenaline Mob and to the friends and families of all whom are affected by the horrific tragedy which took place the other day.
Love and respect"
-Gary

Some news: Gary is currently resting comfortably in Wachtebeke Belgium. A full update on his condition can be expected shortly. At the suggestion of many fans and friends, Gary's family has created a Victims Fund called Help For Gary Meskil / Down For The Cause at GoFundMe.com in order to help cover certain medical expenses which are not covered by his insurance company. If you would like to donate, please use the link below. Thanks for your support and for all of your kind words and well wishes!
https://www.gofundme.com/HelpGaryMeskil-Down-With-the-Cause

Important News:
This past Monday night, Gary was the victim of a Robbery and Attempted Murder in Brussels. He was pick-pocketed of cash, credit card, and passport, struck on the head with an ice pick and then subsequently attacked by a gang of individuals. The police have confiscated more than one weapon and they have established the identities of some of the suspects. Gary was quickly admitted to ICU after suffering head trauma (including several fractures to his face and jaw) and massive blood loss. Since then he has stabilized and is trying his best to recover, but future surgery may be necessary. We regret to inform the fans that the shows scheduled for Roeselare (July 7th) and Osnabruck (July 8th) are now officially cancelled. We will make sure to keep you all informed of any other cancellations and on Gary's progress.
Thanks for your support at this difficult time.
Pro-Pain

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-