Monday, August 21, 2017

BEHEMOTH: "About 10 years ago my friend Kristen Mulderig who’s also Slayer’s manager tried to make Behemoth, Megadeth and Slayer tour happen. MegaDave’s immediate reaction was: “2 SATANIC bands on the bill? After my dead body!”. I don’t know the guy… he doesn’t know me. Now we share the same management so I’m not gonna shit in my own nest but I must say that this attitude is LAME as fuck!"


NERGAL, guitarist and front man for Polish blackened-death metal warriors BEHEMOTH has commented on (finally) getting a North American tour with SLAYER, and meeting the incomparable ROB HALFORD (JUDAS PRIEST vocalist). 






























BEHEMOTH unleashed "THE SATANIST",  2/3/2014 (EU and UK) and 2/4/2016 (NORTH AMERICA)  via METAL BLADE RECORDS.

 BEHEMOTH released "XIĄDZ" (EP), unleashed 11/1/2014 (self released). 



FROM NERGAL (BEHEMOTH):
Well… I don’t even know where to start. About 10 years ago my friend Kristen Mulderig who’s also Slayer’s manager tried to make Behemoth, Megadeth and Slayer tour happen.
MegaDave’s immediate reaction was: “2 SATANIC bands on the bill? After my dead body!”. I don’t know the guy… he doesn’t know me. Now we share the same management so I’m not gonna shit in my own nest but I must say that this attitude is LAME as fuck! I honestly never gave a flying fuck for Megadeth either but I fuckin’ worship Slayer! Karma can be a bitch but not this time I guess as we have just got off stage after the last show in Phoenix, Arizona after completing full run with Lamb Of God AND Slayer! I’ve mentioned that already numerous
times, they fucked SLAYED every goddamn nite and I could never get tired of watching them play. Lamb Of God impressed me sooo much with their massive production and
crushing performances! What a bulldozer of a band and great bunch of dudes! But what made this tour soooooo good, smooth and joyful was the family vibe and super friendly atmosphere. And that’s what makes Slayer a CLASSY act #1 is the crew they have, a bunch of nicest and most humble professionals I’ve seen in my life! Hands down guys! Thank you for making it super easy for us! I would like to send my love and words of respect to Behemoth’s wolfpack - a relentless crew we can always rely on! Jon Rice, filling in for Zbigniew Promiński, matching his charisma on stage and style is almost impossible. But you did GREAT job brother and the whole band including Inferno himself are very thankful for all the dedication and professionalism! On a personal notel…I’m beyond grateful for this adventure and I hope I’ve learned something new again… became better musician? better band mate? Or eventually a better human being? That’s not for me to judge tho!
So this is the final nite… I’m entering Slayer’s dressing room and whom I’m seeing there? Kerry King showing Rob Halford a video of us performing “Evil has no boundaries” during soundcheck! Guess this is the moment when you need diapers, right? Let me tell ya folks… it feels good to be alive!



Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-