Sunday, March 18, 2018

ITP V.018 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P. "KILLJOY" (FRANK PUCCI-VOCALIST NECROPHAGIA)

Westville, Ohio, U.S.A. death metal warriors NECROPHAGIA have sadly sent the below statement regarding the passing of vocalist (FRANK PUCCI), whom died today 3/18/2018 at 48.








NECROPHAGIA unleashed "WHITEWORM CATHERDRAL", 10/28/2014 via SEASON OF MIST.






FROM NECROPHAGIA:
We are so shocked and saddened to bring you the news of our dear brother Killjoy passing away this morning. We are at a loss for words. R.I.P brother you are forever in our hearts. We will cherish our moments together forever.
Frank (Killjoy) Pucci 1969-2018
R.I.P
Necrophagia
Serge, Shawn, Jake



FROM MIKE MCPADDEN (HEAVY METAL MOVIES):
RIP, Killjoy! Necrophagia will forever slay as THE definitive extreme-cinema-inspired force in death metal — and maybe just all metal, period. A monster, in every greatest sense of the term.
Onward now, Killjoy, until you (inevitably!) rise again and lead the proper Revolution of the Living Dead!


FROM DRUID LORD:

RIP Killjoy. To his family and close friends we are very sorry for your loss. One of the most hardcore horror movie collectors ever. He put out some killer music. Gone too soon. This album still remains one of our top favorite classics.

FROM NEKROFILTH:
Very sad to hear of Killjoy's passing. Those early demos were a big influence (in fact for a very brief early period Nekrofilth was called "Chainsaw Lust"). A true weirdo and horror / death fanatic. He will be missed.
RIP

FROM SEASON OF MIST:
A pioneer of extreme metal left us today. It has been an honour working with you for 20 years. RIP brother!
 In loving memory of a dear friend, long-time partner, and great artist.

FROM SKITLIV (MANIAC): 
 
A very personal message from Maniac regarding the death of his close friend Killjoy:
"I just heard the news. Killjoy is dead. Dead. Frank Pucci, my friend, Killjoy. Now how is that possible? He promised me in November that he would stay with me until we are at least a 110 years old just to annoy the surroundings. Bastard. I have to do this alone now, in his name?...
1985, Euronymous played me one of his demos and I was hooked, hooked on his insane voice of impossible zombie world. I wrote him and after that we stayed friends. Friends in music, films and books. For more than 30 fukking years....
Killjoy was a fantastic vocalist going where no one went before him. He was the sole reason I recorded Septic Cunts and hence the sole reason I became a member of Mayhem. I owe him so much.
So words are difficult when it comes to describe my brother in crime. I am drinking whisky now in memory of my brother, because he truly was my brother of another mother. I am a solipsist these days and I hate people in general. I have no social internet page and no connection to the shitty world we were a part of and I hate everyone equally but Killjoy, he was something special. One of the few guys I stayed in touch with.
His voice was unique, his personality even more so. Bastard.
I miss you so much. You knew what death metal was all about and you knew your friends. My daughter still has the dress you sent her when sh was five years old.

My brother, what can I say? You are sorely missed and I will never forget you. Just remember that death is not the end. Death is not the end.
MORE "KILLJOY" TRIBUTES LATER

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-