Saturday, April 28, 2018

KAYO DOT: " I started a new electro/industrial/IDM band called Piggy Black Cross. I've thus far refrained from posting about it in Kayo Dot channels because I think of it as IDM/EBM/Industrial and I don't want people to think of it as a prog-rock or metal thing "

TOBY DRIVER, main man of New York based progressive heavy rockers KAYO DOT has officially launched a new IDM-EBM project PIGGY BLACK CROSS.









KAYO DOT unleashed "PLASTIC HOUSE ON BASE OF SKY", 6/24/2016 via THE FLENSER. 






FROM TOBY DRIVER (KAYO DOT and PIGGY BLACK CROSS):
Hey all. Working on some mailorder today. In the meantime, if you haven't seen via my personal page yet, I started a new electro/industrial/IDM band called Piggy Black Cross. I've thus far refrained from posting about it in Kayo Dot channels because I think of it as IDM/EBM/Industrial and I don't want people to think of it as a prog-rock or metal thing - it's *not*! For example, if you go take a look at my singer-songwriter ballads album, "Madonnawhore," online, it'll often show up with "metal" as a tag, which is totally wrong and ridiculous. I've been wanting to avoid that here. Then, I saw Justin Broadrick's new terrifying hip-hop band, ZONAL, at Roadburn Festival the other day, and how well the crossover was received, and I perhaps changed my mind about keeping PBC separate from the KD universe. All of this is to say that Piggy Black Cross is about to begin booking some tour dates for the second half of 2018, and I need some recommendations for the coolest dark electronic nights or venues in your particular town. Despite what I said a few sentences ago, I still want to bring this music to venues (or parties) focusing primarily on electronic and dance music rather than rock shows. I'll be booking the tour myself, so if anyone can help out with this, please let me know what you know! Thanks! -Toby https://soundcloud.com/piggyblackcr…/bd-b-oua-remrr-asle-d-1

FROM PIGGY BLACK CROSS: 

Our NYC debut show will be this Wednesday at Nothing Changes with HardPan. Check out a brand new track from us: b∆D b∆†$ ou‡a †remrr ¢as†le https://soundcloud.com/piggyblackcr…/bd-b-oua-remrr-asle-d-1

PIGGY BLACK CROSS: "BAD BATS OUTA TREMRR CASTLE (VIA SOUNDCLOUD, COURTESY OF PIGGY BLACK CROSS):



Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-