Wednesday, June 6, 2018

ITP V.018 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P. RALPH SANTOLLA (FORMALLY OF DEICIDE and OBITUARY)

RALPH SANTOLLA, former guitarist of legendary Florida death metal bands DEICIDE and OBITUARY (and also ICED EARTH)  expired, TODAY, 6/6/2018 after suffering a heart attack and lapsing into a coma.








 RALPH SANTOLLA left DEICIDE in 2011 as he was last in the band  DEVIL'S HIGHWAY.


FROM DORIAN ANGELO SANTOLLA (RELATIVE):
We are going to take my father off of assisted living on Wednesday. If any of his friends would like to say goodbye, the family will welcome you at St. Joseph’s tomorrow (Tuesday). He would appreciate the love. Thank you
FROM SUE SANTOLLA ROCHA (RELATIVE):
Good morning. Just so we all start to heal, Ralph Santolla is not laying on that bed at St Joseph Hospital. He has gone, and he is happy and at peace in heaven. I want to start your day with a little humor. My wonderful mother and Ralph grandmother passed away three years ago. One of my friends was trying to console me, Fred Parker, and had the comment that Ralph would be playing music for his Nannie..it just made me laugh to visualize Ralph playing heavy metal for his Nannie. OMG....it would be so funny... His Nannie was an amazingly strong woman and she would tell him, cut it down, and play something decent. I ❤️ my son more than anyone can imagine, my heart is broken..but I know he loved me unconditionally and will always be with me. It is the same with all of us, he will be with you everyone, everyday and his love will surround us now and forever.i wanted to tell everyone that I have thousands of messages...I just can’t deal with it right now but I love each of you.

Ralph Santolla in an organ donor so he will live on. Those recipients don’t know what they are getting until they suddenly become sarcastic, funny, get tattoos, start playing guitar.one other thing Devils Highway was getting close to completion.. It will be done and that is a Ralph’s legacy. Any questions along that line contact Deborah Borecki or Rick or Bill Hudson II, or Pierre Conze


FROM CANNABIS CORPSE:
R.I.P Ralph Santolla!
You were truly great!


FROM UNFATHOMABLE RUINATION:
R.I.P Ralph, your guitar work in this album was a huge inspiration for MCE!


FROM JASON BITTNER (DRUMMER FORMALLY OF SHADOWS FALL):
RIP Ralph Santolla (Devil's Highway, Death, Deicide, Obituary, Millenium, Iced Earth) you were a great talent and will be missed by the metal community!

FROM  CONTRARIAN:
 RIP Ralph Santolla. That Italian flag Ibanez ruled

FROM EARACHE RECORDS:
R.I.P. Ralph Santolla
R.I.P. Ralph we will miss you buddy. Cheers to all the good times we had together.
 FROM EXTREME SOUND RECORDS: 
 RIP

FROM OPETH:
The other day I heard that Ralph Santolla was in a coma, and today the news have reached us that he’s passed on. And way to early I have to add. Ralph was a distant friend. I can’t remember how we got to know eachother but he was overly social, especially in comparison to a bunch of withdrawn Swedes, but we all liked him. We always hung out when we met, usually at festivals. The last time I saw him was at the Copenhell festival where he was playing with Deicide. He was happy as always but seemed troubled. I asked him how he was and he goes: ”Mike, you know I feel a bit shit really. I was bitten by a Black widow a few days ago”. Of course I was quite shocked and told him he’d have to go to the hospital and get it checked. He goes: ”It’s fine man, I’ll be fine. No big deal. It happened before so I’m good…”. That kinda sums up how he was to me. Too nice and kind to make a big fuss out of anything. Even poisonous spider bites. Always positive and happy it seemed. Ralph had a big heart. It’s with great sadness that we now have to accept the fact that he’s gone. On behalf of the guys in Opeth, condolences to his family and loved ones.' - Mikael



FROM OVERKILL: 
 RIP Ralph Santolla (Devil’s Highway, Deicide, Obituary, Millenium, Iced Earth, Death) the Metal community has lost another great guitarist and human being! Hope you find Peace 


FROM   DEMONIC OBEDIENCE: 

RIP big man! You will be missed!


FROM  NOWED RECORDS: 

#R.I.P.# 美國極端樂隊 DEATH、ICED EARTH、DEICIDE 和 OBITUARY 的前吉他手 Ralph Santolla ,早前因心髒病突發緊急入院。
她的母親 Sue Santolla-Rocha 及兒子 Dorian Angelo Santolla 表示其狀況惡化,他們將在當地時間6月6日停止他的生命支撐系統。
Ralph Santolla, the prolific metal guitarist best known for playing in Deicide, Iced Earth, Obituary, Death, and others fell into a coma after suffering a heart attack on May 30th, according to a Facebook post written by his mother, Sue Santolla-Rocha, and the musician is scheduled to be taken off life support on Wednesday, June 6th, said his son Dorian Angelo Santolla in a separate post.


FROM OBITUARY:  

Life is short. Live It like there is No Tomorrow...We Love You Ralph.


FROM PSYCROPTIC: 

We first met Ralph around 10 years ago, when we toured with Deicide in Europe; instantly he took us under his wing, insured we were looked after and was just a genuine friend to a bunch of Australian dudes who didn’t know too much about touring. We’d kept in touch over the years, but never did get to tour again. Ralph was one of the good guys - he will be sorely missed, but never forgotten.






FROM MICHAEL AMOTT (ARCH ENEMY):
American guitarist Ralph Santolla has passed away. I have a lot of fond memories of Ralph, I actually shared a tour bus with Ralph on his first ever European tour. Rest In Peace. (Click the link below to read more). (link: https://instagram.com/p/Bjt_lAklqbh/) instagram.com/p/Bjt_lAklqbh/ #ralphsantolla #rip #ripralphsantolla


FROM JACK OWEN (FORMALLY OF DEICIDE):
Ralph Santolla has officially departed planet Earth. Play on brother. Thank you for the good times.
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-MORE  


FROM SEBASTION BACH (SKID ROW): 

Rest In Peace Ralph Santolla Thanks for the music and the fun times My condolences to the Santolla family. 


FROM RICHARD CHRISTY: 

RIP Ralph Santolla, my Metal Brother in Iced Earth. Had so many great times on tour with Ralph, can't believe he's gone. Such a funny, talented, & genuinely friendly guy, please crank up his many bands in his memory tonight! @obituarytheband @DeicideBand

FROM TIM "RIPPER" OWENS: 

JEREMY WAGNER (BROKEN HOPE): 

Travel well, Ralph Santolla. Grateful I knew you and shared the stage with you here and there. Take care of yourselves people. Be good to each other and celebrate life while you have it. #Ralph Santolla 


FROM MICHAEL STANNE (DARK TRANQUILLITY):  
 Just heard that the awesome @RalphSantolla is in a coma. Playing my favourite album of his right now. Get well Ralph!



Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-
MORE RALPH SANTOLLA TRIBUTES LATER