Friday, December 21, 2018

SWALLOW THE SUN: POST VIDEO FOR "LUMINA AUREA"

Finnish melodic death metal warriors SWALLOW THE SUN have posted a video for "LUMINA AUREA", a track from the bands anticipated new release  "WHEN THE SHADOW IS FORCED INTO THE LIGHT", due to be unleashed 1/25/2019 via CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS.









SWALLOW THE SUN have announced guitarist JUHO RAIHA is officially the bands second guitarist as a few months earlier, MARKUS JAMSEN quit the band.







SWALLOW THE SUN unleashed "SONGS FROM THE NORTH "I, II and III", 11/13/2015 via CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS.







FROM SWALLOW THE SUN:
Tonight is the longest night of the year. Open up your souls and light up the first torch between the worlds. This is Lumina Aurea.
Deepest gratitude to Einar Selvik from Wardruna and Marco I. Benevento & THE FORESHADOWING for being part of this journey. Thank you Vesa Ranta & Aapo Lahtela at Kaira Films for filming this journey.
“‘Lumina Aurea’ is a song I would never want to write in my life. It is an open, bleeding black wound from the last two and half years of my life. But I had to write it out. I could not back down from it. The way I wrote and recorded ‘Lumina Aurea’ was so rough emotionally and physically that I think I will never talk about it public. I know this road will go on forever as a part of me, but I have also made a peace with it—that I will never have peace with it. And that the life and the journey here must still go on for a while for those of us remaining. I knew that if I would go any deeper on that road with the album as I did with ‘Lumina Aurea,’ the path would not end well. So, I quickly realized that instead I will write an album that will manifest loud and clear that after all, ‘Love is always stronger than death.’ I wanted to find that angle for ‘When A Shadow Is Forced into the Light’. This album is like a weapon for myself. A burning light, a burning torch. Victorious and proud.” – Juha Raivio
"The idea for this short-film like music video came from Juha Raivio and we tweaked the idea a bit to make the story fit into the beautiful landscapes we were going to film it in. The video has been filmed in several locations around Northern Finland and Lapland. We would like to leave the meaning of the story a bit open and to let everyone watching it to make their own conclusions and let their imagination flow. As obvious, things such as grief, torment and even love are present through the video. This is pretty much all we would like to open about it. Some kind of mysticism there definitely is. It was a great pleasure for us to get work with this project, since the song has such a meaning for Juha." -Vesa Ranta.
Lumina Aurea” is available as 12” EP vinyl version and digitally.
The new album “When A Shadow Is Forced Into The Light” is going to be released on January 25th, 2019.
Order:
Levykauppa Äx: bit.ly/2rAKDCp
Omerch: bit.ly/2QuZ8GR

CMDistro: bit.ly/2LiPiSu





VIDEO BELOW:  SWALLOW THE SUN: "LUMINA AUREA" (VIA YOU TUBE, COURTESY OF CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS):



Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-