Friday, January 25, 2019

ITP V.019 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P. BRUCE CORBITT (VOCALIST WARBEAST and RIGOR MORTIS)

According to media reports and EARSPLIT PR, BRUCE CORBITT, vocalist for Texas, U.S.A. extreme metal warriors WARBEAST and RIGOR MORTIS has passed away to esophageal cancer at 56.









WARBEAST unleashed "ENTER THE ARENA", 8/4/2017 via HOUSECORE RECORDS.

 RIGOR MORTIS unleashed "SLAVES TO THE GRAVE", 10/7/2014 via RIGOR MORTIS RECORDS.



FROM EARSPLIT PR:


FROM OF DEITIES AND DUST:
A sad day, you know damn well. RIP Bruce Corbitt. Your loss will be felt deeply across the world and metal community. 😥


FROM BROKEN NECK RADIO:
We here at the station are very saddened to learn of the passing today of Rigor Mortis (Official) and WARBEAST frontman Bruce Corbitt #fuckcancer #cancercanfuckoff








FROM REAPER METAL PRODUCTIONS:
Oddly enough Bruce Corbitt and MySpace are linked in my mind because a friend one day told me how he had this profile on a profile site called MySpace and the very explanation of it immediately registered with me as the dumbest waste of time I had ever heard.
He then redeemed this "MySpace" when he told me, he had talked to Bruce on that profile site of his. So finally I got on board and made a profile. Somewhere along that journey I learned Rigor Mortis (Official) was setting up a tour and Cleveland wasn't booked but they were looking for help to get more gigs, so I messaged Bruce. Unfortunately the tour happened but never did my attempt for a Cleveland gig pan out - that blows, I will never see Rigor Mortis.

I never met Bruce and only had a short stint of conversation as I mentioned, but definitely I am a big fan and I was looking forward to sending Bruce Crucified Mortals cover of Bodily Dismemberment when it was recorded, something which time hasn't afforded me the opportunity to do yet.

There are a handful of rarities outside the obvious discography Bruce had with Rigor Mortis and Warbeast and recently a rarity that myself or any Rigor Mortis fan I am friends with came on my desk one day by surprise. The Demo CD for the "Freaks" EP. Not only does the demo sound great, it has Bruce on vocals for songs that were obviously known per it's EP release with Doyle Bright on vocals. It rules and fits the RM collection nicely!



FROM HOUSECORE HORROR FILM FEST:
Bruce Corbitt not only performed at Housecore Horror Fest, but was also a recipient of a “Best Documentary” award for his Rigor Mortis documentary...Bruce Corbitt, you will be remembered fondly & missed sorely...RIP...
some hurt more than others..
these..'goodbyes' that life throws at us..
most before we were ready..and none that we wanted...

..and none that we wanted less than this one..
..but..I have the memories of that magical night...at the Rail Club..wailing with all my might in at best a shadowy imitation of your talent..
..the song you had so graciously written..

...that night was as good as it gets, my brother...as good as it gets....
...some hurt more than others....



MORE BRUCE CORBITT TRIBUTES LATER.


Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-