Tuesday, December 10, 2019

OPETH: "We had just finished a show in Adelaide, Australia when my girlfriend told me that Marie Fredriksson had passed away."

Stockholm, Sweden based progressive, folk, death metal warriors OPETH have posted a statement on the death of  MARIE FREDRIKSSON, vocalist of Swedish pop legends ROXETTE.










OPETH unleashed  "IN CAUDA VENENUM",  9/27/2019 via NUCLEAR BLAST RECORDS.





https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/10/arts/music/marie-fredriksson-roxette-dead.html





FROM OPETH:
We had just finished a show in Adelaide, Australia when my girlfriend told me that Marie Fredriksson had passed away. It's hard to describe how she has affected so many around the world. I haven’t at all grasped it yet. It’s unbelievable. I loved her music so much, and especially the “Den Ständiga Resan” lp. What a bleak stunning masterpiece it is. It gave me hope in something that I often find missing in the music business. Real people. Reality. Real feelings that translate into music. It’s the strangest thing how some music can grasp hold of your heart and other music simply pass you by. She was somewhat of a shy virtuoso. A genius of sorts. This record, in particular, has inspired the whole of my personal career. I latched on to her emotional transparency even in our second album. It’s just weird she’s gone. She will be sorely missed. Much respect and condolences to her children and husband. This has me in a proper state of shock. I’ll have problems getting over this. - Mikael Åkerfeldt. Adelaide, December 10, 2019



Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-