Sunday, August 30, 2020

GREYTOMB: "I have put Greytomb on indefinite hiatus due to several reasons. Many things have gone on behind the scenes, and due to several personal and private matters I am the only remaining member."

 


Australian atmospheric black metal warriors GREYTOMB have posted an explanation for the bands hiatus below.

 

 GREYTOMB unleashed "MONUMENTAL MICROCOSM (EP)",  9/15/2017 via TRANSCENDING OBSCURITY RECORDS. 

GREYTOMB unleashed "A PERPETUAL DESCENT", 3/22/2016 via BANDCAMP.


 

 

FROM GREYTOMB: 

 

Hello everyone,
this is a long overdue update regarding the status and future of Greytomb.
I have put Greytomb on indefinite hiatus due to several reasons. Many things have gone on behind the scenes, and due to several personal and private matters I am the only remaining member. I thank everyone that has contributed in the past, and I appreciate all the effort and passion they put into this little project I dreamt of several years ago - it's grown into more than I ever thought it could.
The main reason for the hiatus is due to ongoing issues with my left arm which are affecting my ability to play guitar.
What initially started out as a slight ache in my left elbow progressed to the point where playing for more than 5 or 10 minutes at a time became excruciatingly painful.
I have since consulted with various health professionals who have attributed this to medial epicondylitis, lateral epicondylitis, bicep tendonitis and inflammation of my left ulnar nerve and I have been slowly working on healing with the aid of exercise, medication and cortisone injections.
Recovery is slow, but doctors are hopeful that with time my elbow will improve and I'll be able to play once again.
Greytomb will continue.
Thank you for your support.
- J. Angus
 
 
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-