Sunday, July 30, 2023

OTEP: " The labels I've been on have always wanted me to be something I'm not, to follow a formula, to be a female 'metal' singer with a gimmick - I can ROAR - but I'm a poet, I'm a protest singer, an artist. And I'll continue to be so until this industry of music finally becomes too toxic for me to stand and force me to move on to another medium in order to save my soul, my sanity, & my SELF. I have a NEW album coming out September 15th. It's my NINTH album. This might be my last."


 


Los Angeles, California, U.S.A. nu metal warriors OTEP is set to release "THE GOD SLAYER", 9/15/2023 via CLEOPATRA RECORDS. 




OTEP unleashed "SEVAS TRA" 6/18/2002 via CAPITOL RECORDS.


 OTEP have announced the band inked a deal with CLEOPATRA RECORDS as OTEP will release a new offering soon.

 OTEP unleashed  "KULT 45",  7/27/2018 via NAPALM RECORDS.

 

 

 

 

 

FROM OTEP: 

 Thanks to everyone showing love for the 19th anniversary of my 2nd album HOUSE OF SECRETS. It's also the 10th anniversary of HYDRA (which will be re-released very soon on VINYL) and the 5th anniversary of KULT 45. The labels I've been on have always wanted me to be something I'm not, to follow a formula, to be a female 'metal' singer with a gimmick - I can ROAR - but I'm a poet, I'm a protest singer, an artist. And I'll continue to be so until this industry of music finally becomes too toxic for me to stand and force me to move on to another medium in order to save my soul, my sanity, & my SELF. I have a NEW album coming out September 15th. It's my NINTH album. This might be my last. Dealing with suits who sit behind desks & do the bare minimum & then blame me for having a bad first week of sales, to have so much hate & vitriol raining down on me for simply writing songs & speaking truth to power, to be blacklisted in the industry I've given half my life to is becoming harder and harder to sustain. I've fought the good fight. I've made some amazing connections with my REAL ONES. I'm grateful for that. Grateful for YOU. Endlessly grateful. xx #otep xx

 

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-