Sunday, August 11, 2024

IN VAIN: "Cancer is the gift that keeps on giving, though, so last week I found out that the fucker had returned. Thus, I’m currently hospitalized, receiving treatment, and will probably be out of the game for a while."

 May be a black-and-white image of 1 person

Norwegian blackened/death metal warriors IN VAIN  keybordist and backing vocalist SINDRE NEDLAND has announced WHY he can't perform with the band.

 

 IN VAIN have announced vocalist ANDREAS FRIGSTAD has left the band and keybordist and backing vocalist SINDRE NEDLAND is unable to perform with the band. 

 IN VAIN unleashed "SOLEMN",4/19/20224. via INDIE RECORDINGS. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FROM SINDRE (IN VAIN): 

 

STATEMENT FROM SINDRE
“So. Cancer’s a bitch.
As some of you might know, I was diagnosed with cancer five years ago. It took me two surgeries and a lot of work to beat it, but beat it I did. If you read the lyrics to 'Season of Unrest' on our latest album 'Solemn', you can get an idea of what that process felt like.
Cancer is the gift that keeps on giving, though, so last week I found out that the fucker had returned. Thus, I’m currently hospitalized, receiving treatment, and will probably be out of the game for a while. It pains me not to be able to play the gigs we had lined up for this year, but I promise I’ll make it up to you as soon as I’m healthy again. There’s nothing I look forward to more than getting back on stage.
Thank you for your support, I love you guys.
Sindre”
We were gutted when Sindre reached out to us with these devastating news. As our main singer, he has been a tremendous force in the band for many years. Sindre was instrumental in the creation of Solemn, and we know that he was so much looking forward to playing the new songs live. For the time being, that will not happen. But we are certain that Sindre will return, and that he will return in triumph! In the meantime we encourage everyone to send him positive thoughts and energy during these tough times.
As previously stated, we will do our best to perform the upcoming shows and will provide more information about the replacement singer soon.
Until next time and all the best,
In Vain
 
 
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-