
Former BROKEN HOPE bassist SHAUN GLASS passed away from a stroke 7/1/2026 at 57..
BROKEN HOPE unleashed "MUTILATED and ASSIMILATED", 6/23/2017 via CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS.
FROM GARY HOLT (EXODUS):
Crushed
to find out my good friend Shaun Glass has passed away. I’ve refrained
from posting anything since we were holding out hope me may improve but
we lost him. Love this pick of him and Will Smith rocking his Slay Team
shirt. So fucking sad. I think about all the riff sharing and jokes and
I’m heartbroken. Friends for 30 years, hard to accept this. Miss you
brother
FROM JAMES LEE (ORIGIN, UNMERCIFUL):
R.I.P. SHAUN GLASS.
Ex Broken Hope, Soil...
FROM MALEVOLENT CREATION:
Rest In Power Shaun Glass
!! Everyone in the Metal scene from the late 80's till 2026 knew Shaun
Glass and were devastated to find out of his passing yesterday. Philip Fasciana
and Shaun met through the tape trading scene since 1989 and remained
good friends right up till his passing yesterday. We all will miss him
and never will forget him. It's so hard to believe he's gone. Rest easy
old friend and we'll see you on the other side one day
FROM FORBIDDEN:
Rest in Peace Shaun Glass. A Champion of Metal. An instrumental cog in our scene. A ripping guitarist / riff monster. A source of metal gossip. A caring human. A husband & a father.
A close friend to Forbidden since 1989. He even stayed at my house & witnessed me preparing to record Twisted Into Form.
From Syndrome to Broken Earth to Soil to Repentance & everything in between. Shaun lived his life to the fullest.
Please put your positive thoughts towards his now widow Michelle & his son Maddux. They will need our help to get through this. That time has come.
Horns up Shaun. Love you forever, Metal Brother.
FROM SOIL:
We’d
like to take a moment to say goodbye to our former guitarist Shaun
Glass who passed away earlier today. Although we have been estranged and
not on good terms since his departure in 2007, he was still an integral
part of SOiL in the early years. And for a long time he was a good
friend and comrade. We had many laughs and many good times back in the
day. We will look back at those times with fond memories and smiles.
It’s sad to hear of his passing and we would like to send his family our
condolences during this time of grief.
FROM MILLE PETROZZA (KREATOR):
I just learned that one of the coolest people has left this earthly plane. Shaun Glass has been a friend, a fan and an overall music enthusiast who I’ve known since our very first tour of the USA. Back in 87 he was singing (!) the lyrics of the first Sindrome demo to me in a backstage room. Shaun stayed in touch since this scene was based on being penpals and trading tapes. In recent years he would drop me a short email when he liked one of my new songs,sharing some encouraging lines, showed me his newest musical creations or would just be sending birthday greetings.It feels strange to know, that one of the original voices of the Illinois metal scene is silenced for now.
Until our paths cross again.
Rest in peace Shaun
FROM DINO CAZARES (FEAR FACTORY):
I’m not going to start by talking about how sad I am. Instead, I want to talk about how incredibly proud and honored I am to have called Shaun Glass my brother.
I want everyone to know just how special Shaun was and what he meant to me and to so many people around the world.
We met in 1994 on one of Fear Factory’s first tours. We played the Thirsty Whale or as everyone called it, “The Whale” in Chicago. Shaun walked up to me and said, “I like that riff in ScumGrief.” That was it. From that moment on, we never stopped talking. One riff started a friendship that lasted more than 30 years.
Every time he came to see me play, he’d bring me a carne asada burrito and he always made sure it had extra jalapeños… because one time he forgot them, and I gave him so much shit for it

I can’t help it I’m Mexican
Shaun had a gift that very few people are born with: he connected people. He helped countless bands find musicians. He introduced people who never would’ve met otherwise. In a lot of ways, he’s responsible for careers that probably wouldn’t have happened without him and he never asked for credit.
The moment you met him, you were pulled in by his energy, his positivity, and the fact that he genuinely cared. It didn’t matter if you were in a famous band, just starting out, or someone he’d met five minutes earlier he treated everyone the same. Even if you didn’t like him, or if the two of you had a falling out, he was always the bigger person. He’d make amends because he still cared. That’s just who he was.
He was the kind of guy who walked into a room and instantly became the center of it. He didn’t have to try. People naturally gravitated toward him. The only other person I’ve ever met with that kind of magnetic aura was Dimebag Darrell who nicknamed Shaun “Fireball”
Shaun was a walking music encyclopedia. He knew everything… and somehow he knew everyone. I’d ask him, “How do you keep up with so many people? How do you remember every band, every story, every detail?” He’d just laugh, because talking to people wasn’t work for him it was who he was.
That’s why I nicknamed him “BlabberGlass.” He always knew the inside story because he actually took the time to know people and listen. His brain was like a sponge filled with an unbelievable amount of music knowledge… and some useless information too lol
Behind the scenes, Shaun quietly helped shape music in ways most people will never realize. From underground artists to some of the biggest names in metal, people trusted his ears. A&R reps, labels, producers, engineers, journalists, and bands all sent him mixes because they valued his opinion. He had an incredible ability to hear things that everyone else missed. His fingerprints are on countless records, even if his name isn’t.
We talked every single day. Phone calls. Texts. Sending riffs back and forth.
“Is this cool?”
“What do you think?”
“That part needs work.”
We pushed each other creatively for decades. He wasn’t just one of my best friends he was part of my creative process. Part of my life.
Every weekend he’d send me pictures of his son, Maddux. One week they were at the Lincoln Memorial. The next they were exploring World War II ships. Then it was street hockey, chess, or another adventure together. You could see it in every photo he was so proud to be Maddux’s dad.
Shaun gave the world a lot of great music, but the most beautiful thing he ever created was his son, Maddux. He was, and always will be, Shaun’s greatest masterpiece.
The world lost someone truly irreplaceable. Not because of what he did in the music industry, but because of the way he made people feel. He made people feel important. He made people laugh. And whether he realized it or not, he made people better.
I’ll miss the phone calls.
I’ll miss the one-word texts.
I’ll miss hearing your voice say, “That riff sucks…” or, “I love that hook.”
The signal may be gone…but the frequency you left behind will never fade.
FROM POSSESSED: Very
sad to hear that my good friend and Brother Shaun Glass has passed.
Shaun is/was a long time friend and he will be missed. He was with me in
Canada for the WWIII /No Speed Limit concerts as well as the two
Slayer/Possessed USA tours and a lot of other events. Shaun was funny as
hell , often brutal and very straight forward. LLH&R Love you Shaun
#shaunglass Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-R.I.P.