Thursday, April 12, 2012

BLOODBATH: MIKAEL ÅKERFELDT Quits BLOODBATH


OPETH mainman  MIKAEL ÅKERFELDT has quit his side project BLOODBATH consisting of members of OPETH,KATATONIA and Peter Tägtgren (HYPOCRISY) as BLOODBATH will contunue on with a new vocalist. 

FROM LOUDWIRE: 
 They have anew singer, which I can't say who it is," Mikael tells Loudwire. 

He continued, "BLOODBATH, for me, was never a serious project, it was just something I did for fun. We did a few songs on the last North American tour, we did two songs at the very last show [see video below. — Ed.] because we were touring with KATATONIA, so the wholeBLOODBATH band was there. It's still fun, you know? But I think that some of the other guys in BLOODBATH want to take it to the next level, which I don't really want to do because I'm so busy anyways."

He added, "It doesn't really have to do with anything with my screaming vocals, it's just that it's not a progressive project for me. It's just paying tribute to death metal and I've done it for such a long time. And when it stops being fun, I don't really want to participate. We do things so rarely it's always been fun. The shows we've done have been fun, but I don't feel the need to do it."


Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-