Monday, December 12, 2011

WEST MEMPHIS THREE: JASON BALDWIN MEETS METALLICA




Jason Baldwin, one of the recently freed WEST MEMPHIS THREE finally got to see METALLICA and met the band during a meet and greet at the bands headquarters during the bands four night, fan club only, 30th anniversary shows at the FILLMORE, San Francisco, California..

Other special guests on the last night (12/10/2011) of METALLICA's 4 night, 30th anniversary stand in San Francisco included OZZY OSBOURNE and GEEZER BUTLER (performing BLACK SABBATH's "Iron Man" and "Paranoid"), DAVE MUSTAINE (MEGADETH) performing 5 songs with METALLICA, MIKE BORDIN speaking about his friendship with the late CLIFF BURTON and RON MCGOVNEY.

METALLICA offered their music (the very first time METALLICA allowed the bands music in a movie) to the PARADISE LOST 1: MURDERS AT ROBIN HOOD HILLS and PARADISE LOST 2: REVELATIONS documentaries produced and directed by Joe Berlinger and Bruce Sinofsky.

JASON BALDWIN, JESSIE MISSKELLY and DAMIEN ECHOLS were freed last August via an ALFORD PLEA after serving 18 years in prison (Echols on death row) for the 1993 ROBIN HOOD HILLS MURDERS (West Memphis, Arkansas) with zero evidence as THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE still maintain thier innocence. DNA testing excluded the WEST MEMPHIS THREE.

The WEST MEMPHIS THREE 1993 trial provoked an anti metal, "Wiccan/Satanic Panic" atmosphere as JASON BALDWIN was a METALLICA fan at the time.

FROM JASON BALDWIN:
‎Jason Baldwin spent the weekend with Metallica and was kind enough to share a photo and a note:

"Here's a photo with Jason Newsted and I! I got to meet Robert, Lars, Kirk and Jason. All of the guys treated me like a long lost brother - they arranged for me to go over to their headquarters and that place was sacred ground for me! It was awesome! Remember the shirt I was wearing on the day the WMPD kidnapped me? It was a Damage Inc. shirt - they made sure that I got a new one and the artist who does most of their work was there and signed it for me! Lars sent me into their merchandise room at their headquarters with the instructions to pig out! Ha! I still can't believe it happened! I was given one of James' guitar picks and Lars gave me his drum sticks! How cool is that!?!"

VERY COOL Metallica!






Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-