Tuesday, August 23, 2016

ICED EARTH: "guitarist Troy Seele announces departure from the band due to family responsibilities."

Tampa, Florida  progressive thrash metal warriors ICED EARTH have announced guitarist TROY SEELE has left the band due to family responsibilities.
WINTERFALL guitarist JAKE DREYER has now joined ICED EARTH.











 ICED EARTH  unleashed "PLAGUES OF BABYLON", 1/6/2014 CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS






FROM ICED EARTH:

Iced Earth guitarist Troy Seele announces departure from the band due to family responsibilities.
“After close to ten years as a guitarist in Iced Earth, the time has come for me to step away. Some of you know, but many do not, that I have a child with Autism. In the past I had a great support system that has allowed me to pursue a career in music. That is no longer the case and it has forced me to make a difficult decision. I’ve always believed that family comes first, and now it is time for me to focus on that. The demanding life style of being in a professional heavy metal band is no longer an option for me. Knowing the band is focused on a new album and touring cycle, and given my circumstances, this is the best time for me to step down.
Playing in Iced Earth has been a great experience. It’s taken me around the world many times and given me the chance to meet many of my heroes, as well as play in front of crowds larger than I ever dreamed of.
I personally want to thank Jon and the guys for the music and the amazing times through the years. Thank you to the fans for understanding and for your support.”

Troy Seele
Iced Earth singer Stu Block remarks on Seele’s departure, “It’s very sad that Troy is leaving. He will be missed and will always be considered family to us. I wish him the best of luck in everything he does.”
Jon Schaffer, Iced Earth founder, states, “Troy was a good friend before he became a part of the team, and always will be. I understand and respect his decision. We shared some of the most amazing times of our lives together. We laughed hard, and we laughed often. Be well brother. We all wish you the very best.”
Troy Seele’s last gig with the band will be Knotfest in Mexico City, October 16th, 2016.
For those guitarists who think they’ve got what it takes to be in the studio and on stage with Iced Earth, send your audition video and contact info to the following link.
https://www.dropbox.com/request/OTbbKP82hQoFOocKUn25

FALL 2016 UPDATE: ICED EARTH'S NEW GUITARIST IS:
Witherfall guitarist Jake Dreyer has been announced as the new lead guitarist for Iced Earth. Yes, Witherfall will still be as active as ever and we will have release details soon!

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-