Monday, November 4, 2019

ITP V.019 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P. TIMI HANSEN (FORMER BASSIST-MERCYFUL FATE)

TIMI HANSEN, former bassist of Copenhagen, Denmark extreme metal legends MERCYFUL FATE has passed away to cancer at 61.




 MERCYFUL FATE are set to re-unite for 2020 festivals, the bands first shows in over 20 years.

MERCYFUL FATE unleashed "9", 5/15/1999 via METAL BLADE RECORDS.










FROM KING DIAMOND:
I just found out that I lost one of my dearest friends, who has been fighting cancer for a long time, in such an incredibly brave way.
He was not just my roommate on the early Mercyful Fate tours, but he was always my favorite bass player of all times.
I was fortunate to have been able to visit him at his apartment with some other good friends, and we had a great afternoon that will never be forgotten.
When I last talked to Timi on the phone on October 24th, I could understand that things had gotten tougher than they ever were, and yet he said “we fight on”.
I feel so so sad for his entire family, you have my absolute deepest sympathy.

Rest in Peace my dear dear friend.
King

FROM LAST RITES:

Very sad to hear of the passing of Timi Hansen today. Be sure to crank some classic Mercyful Fate and King Diamond in his honor tonight. Rest in peace, "Grabber." You will be missed.


Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-