Tuesday, July 27, 2021

ITP V.021 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P. JOEY JORDISON (FORMER DRUMMER OF SLIPKNOT)

 


 JOEY JORDISON, former drummer of Iowa, U..S.A. nu metal warriors SLKIPKNOT has died at 46. No cause of death has been given. 

 

 JOEY JORDISON played drums for SLIPKNOT until 2013 until he was dismissed from the band and given no reason why.

 

 SLIPKNOT unleashed  "WE ARE NOT YOUR KIND",  8/9/2019 via ROADRUNNER RECORD.

 

 

FROM JOEY JORDISON'S FAMILY: 

  "We are heartbroken to share the news that Joey Jordison, prolific drummer, musician and artist passed away peacefully in his sleep on July 26th, 2021. He was 46.

"Joey's death has left us with empty hearts and feelings of indescribable sorrow.

"To those that knew Joey, understood his quick wit, his gentle personality, giant heart and his love for all things family and music.

"The family of Joey have asked that friends, fans and media understandably respect our need for privacy and peace at this incredibly difficult time.

"The family will hold a private funeral service and asks the media and public to respect their wishes."

 

 

FROM OTEP: 

 This is hard. I'm at a loss. I'm gonna ramble. Forgive me. I met Joey on Ozzfest when he still played for SLIPKNOT. I watched them EVERY SINGLE DAY. And if he or Clown or Corey saw me standing anywhere near their area, they'd pull me up on side stage and let me watch them play their set. And when my drummer quit just before we were set to start recording House Of Secrets, I reached out to Joey & he eagerly agreed to play. I know he had his struggles and it cost him a lot. I'm told he was also sick with a rare illness that also cost him a lot. But I'm told he always kept a positive spirit which was the man I knew. He & I lost touch over the years and I regret that. So much. My thoughts are with his family, friends, former bandmates & all the fans that loved and admired his playing. Much, much love to all. xoxo OTEP xoxo

 

 FROM FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE: 




FROM MORBID ANGEL: RIP Joey Jordison.... 

FROM JASON BITNER (OVERKILL, SHADOWS FALL): Now Joey? 😢😢😢😢😢😢 

 

 FROM DRUMEO: 


RIP Joey Jordison 😢
The former drummer of Slipknot has passed away suddenly at the age of 46. A groundbreaking player who has influenced countless drummers around the world, this is heartbreaking news for the music community.
Our thoughts are with his family, friends, and fans.

 

FROM HATRIOT: 

 
Rest In Peace to such an absolute legend. He was such an influence to metal drummers everywhere

 FROM METALLICA: 


R.I.P. brother...

 

DAVE LOMBARDO (EX SLAYER, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES): 

 

I am shocked and saddened to hear of the passing of Joey Jordison. An incredible musician and songwriter, gone way too soon.
My deepest condolences to his family, friends, and all who he touched with his talent. RIP Joey
 
FROM ANNIHILATOR: 
 
RIP, #1
 
FROM BLOODTRUTH: 
 
 
 
FROM PERRY FARRELL (JANE'S \ADDICTION):
 
I love what Joey Jordison accomplished with Slipknot. They were the bridge from rock into professional wrestling. From what I hear, Joey had an illness that made him unable to play the drums. (Our bodies are only good for a time). Rest in peace…
 
FROM WEDNESDAY 13: 
 
Sometimes you forget who’s standing next to you… Joey was one of those guys. Humble, down to earth, funny and his musical talent was undeniable.
When other musicians would approach him like Dave Grohl, Vinnie Paul, or members of Metallica and Anthrax, they were in awe of Joey. I was one of the cool kids when I walked alongside of him.
Thank YOU for putting me on the Rock n roll map and making me cool.
🖤❤️🖤❤️🖤❤️🖤❤️🖤❤️🖤
R.I.P. Joey Jordison 1975-2021
 
FROM BC RICH: 
 
One of my fondest memories of Joey was when he was visiting our facility while touring with Rob Zombie. We had Nikki Sixx’s bass in for a repair from the “smokin in the boys room” video. I believe he broke off the original headstock when he smashed through a door in the video. Joey saw the road case and asked what it was, I told him and he turned into instant childhood fan! He said “Dude!!! I have chills” and he asked if he could take a picture with it. Joey was such a student of all things metal and rock., he didn’t care if you were into black metal or glam rock he appreciated all music and all musicians. It was a memorable moment, and during that visit we created his Nikki Sixx inspired Warlock he used with the Murderdolls. R.I.P my friend you will never be forgotten! #nikkisixx #joeyjordison
 
 
FROM METAL REALM: 
 
R.I.P. Nathan Jonas "Joey" Jordison, was an American musician and songwriter, best known as the drummer, co-songwriter and one of the founding members of the heavy metal band #Slipknot as well as guitarist for horror punk band #Murderdolls. #JoeyJordison
Born: April 26, 1975, Des Moines, IA
Date of death: July 26, 2021
No cause of death disclosed at this time.
Height: 5′ 3″
Music groups: Slipknot (1995 – 2013), Korn, Murderdolls (2010 – 2011), Vimic (Since 2015), Rob Zombie, More...
Movies: Disasterpieces, Slipknot: Welcome to Our Neighborhood, Slipknot, More
 
FROM MONTE CONNER (FORMER ROADRUNNER RECORDS EXECUTIVE, NUCLEAR BLAST EXECUTIVE):  

MORE JOEY JORDISON TRIBUTES LATER. 

 VIDEO BELOW: SLIPKNOT "DUALITY (LIVE", VIA YOU TUBE, COURTESY OF SLIPKNOT): 


 

 

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-R.I.P. \m/