Wednesday, July 13, 2022

VANQUISHER: STREAMING NEW RELEASE "AN AGE UNDREAMED OF" VIA BANDCAMP


 Malmo, Sweden power metal warriors VANQUISHER, via BANDCAMP, are streaming the bands anticipated new release  "AN AGE UNDREAMED OF", unleashed 7/12/2022 via STORMSPELL RECORDS. 

 

 

 

FROM  VANQUISHER:

Some of you have probably seen it by now, so it's high time we did a proper reveal for the front cover of AN AGE UNDREAMED OF! It is made by the amazing Michael Hansen and we are incredibly proud to have it be the face of our musical creation!
(Niord):
Originally, I planned to do the album art myself, as I had done with the demo EP and the single. But I remember I was walking down the streets of Malmö with Michael one day, and he said to me something like: "Yeah, you know what I would really like to do is one of your cover arts some day".
Now, he had already done our logo, which we think is great, and I know he's a superb artist, so I thought "Maybe I'll give it to him instead, actually". I am quite picky when it comes to visual representation and since Vanquisher is partly my baby, it was a big thing for me to give the responsibility away to someone else.
However, I've known Michael for the longest time (since I was like 7, I think). We used to sit and draw together all the time when we grew up. I know he knows exactly what he is doing and what it is that we want, so I proposed it to him one day. He said yes, evidently, so I described to him the kind of scene I wanted him to depict. It is the battle of Venarium, and he has made it come to life in the picture you can feast your eyes on here. I wanted it to be very Frank Frazetta-esque, and he completely crushed it. Michael is a master at what he does and an incredible person.
(Michael):
"When I got the design brief from the band, I was both excited and anxious. A daunting task, but a great opportunity as it felt only natural to me that I should draw inspiration from the great Frank Frazetta, who famously brought Conan to life in many iconic illustrations. It was hard work but a ton of fun to try and capture the bands raw energy for their debut album cover!".

 

 

  VANQUISHER: NEW RELEASE "AN AGE UNDREAMED OF" (VIA BANDCAMP, COURTESY OF STORMSPELL RECORDS): 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-