Sunday, July 28, 2013

POSSESSED: GUITARIST ( Kelly McLauchlin) QUITS POSSESSED

Kelly McLauchlin, guitarist of legendary death metal pioneers POSSESSED has retired from the band.
POSSESSED will announce a replacement guitarist soon.

POSSESSED, hailed as the founders of the death metal genre (demo entitled "Death Metal") formed the band as teenagers as the bands lineup boasted LARRY LALONDE, now of Bay Area,California, USA funk/rock legends PRIMUS.

POSSESSED disbanded in 1990 as vocalist JEFF BECERRA had become paralyzed from the waste down in a shooting.

POSSESSED re-united in 2007 with JEFF BECERRA as the only original member backed by grind warriors SADISTIC INTENT.




POSSESSED unleashed "The Martyr's Wake" a split with DESECRATION 12/2012 via F.O.A.D. RECORDS.
POSSESSED unleashed the classic and groundbreaking "Seven Churches" 10/15/1985 via COMBAT RECORDS.


 FROM POSSESSED guitarist Kelly McLauchlin :
"Hey everyone. Due to my busy work/travel schedule with my audio-visual career, I will not be touring with Possessed on their upcoming South American tour. The band has found a replacement guitarist to do the tour, and although we are leaving the door open to fill in whenever possible, most likely this will be the end of my time with Possessed. I simply cannot commit to the band’s increasing tour schedule.

As anyone can imagine, this has been a very difficult decision to make. In the past, I would have simply quit my job for an opportunity to tour with a legendary band like Possessed – a band which I grew up listening to since I was 16 years old. But, things are different now – and I have responsibilities, and bills to pay.

It has been 2 and ½ years ago since I joined Possessed, and in that time we have done quite a few amazing things - we played a total of 31 shows together, including some huge festivals (Hellfest, Graspop), special events (Bonded By Baloff, Barge to Hell), US tour dates and two full European Tours, as well as written - and performed live - the first new Possessed song in over 20 years.

So, I will always remember my time with Possessed. I’d like to thank all our fans and friends, old and new, who have shown their support - I hope to see you all again one day. I send my best wishes and respect to Jeff Becerra - we will always remain friends, and brothers - and to the rest of the band - good luck inSouth America and in the future.

And for my personal fans, friends and supporters – do not worry, this is not the end of my musical projects – stay tuned for something very special to be announced in the weeks ahead. Cheers!!" 



POSSESSED SUMMER/FALL 2013 TOUR DATES: 

FROM POSSESSED: 



We are proud to announce these upcoming shows as part of our Seance Tour 2013:

- SEPTEMBER 21ST: NOCTIS FESTIVAL - TBA - CANADA
http://www.noctisvalkyries.com/

- SEPTEMBER 28TH: OAKLAND METRO - OAKLAND, CA
http://holdmyticket.com/event/147790

- OCTOBER 12TH: LA RESPUESTA - SAN JUAN, PR
https://www.facebook.com/events/154508351391918/?ref=2

(more info coming soon)

See you there, metalheads!!!




Aug 08
BecoPorto Alegre, BrazilTickets
Aug 09AÇAI BIRUTABelem, BrazilTickets
Aug 10Tendas BarFortaleza, BrazilTickets
Aug 11Arena MetalSao Paulo, BrazilTickets
Aug 14Kop TownAsuncion, Paraguay
Aug 16The Roxy LiveBuenos Aires, Argentina
Aug 17Club KmasuSantiago, ChileTickets
Aug 18Moving SoundLima, Peru

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-