Friday, May 6, 2022

OPETH: MIKAEL AKERFEDT STREAMING SOUNDTRACK TO "CLARK" VIA SPOTIFY


 Stockholm, Sweden based progressive, folk, death metal warriors OPETH, via SPOTIFY, are streaming the soundtrack  for the NETFLIX series "CLARK".  



OPETH have stated that the bands POSTPONED LATIN AMERICAN tour dates will be re-scheduled early next year as dates are T.B.A

OPETH are set to re-release "IN CAUDA VENENUM (EXTENDED VERSION", due to be re- unleashed 5/13/2022 via NUCLEAR BLAST RECORDS. 
 

OPETH have announced SPRING 2022 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES WITH MASTODON



OPETH unleashed 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION OF "BLACK WATER PARK",  re-unleashed 7/16/2021 via MUSIC FOR NATIONS.


OPETH'S "BLACKWATER PARK" was unleashed 3/12/2001 via MUSIC FOR NATIONS.

 

ITP V.021 REVIEW:  OPETH: "BLACKWATER PARK" (20th ANNIVERSARY):

https://spak-individualthoughtpatterns.blogspot.com/2021/07/itp-v021-review-opeth-blackwater-park.html





 

 

 

FROM OPETH:

 

"Clark" soundtrack from the Netflix series, with music by Mikael Åkerfeldt!
”So, the cat’s out of the bag! ”Clark” was released on Netflix today (May 5th) and the soundtrack has also been made available on Spotify. I’m writing this from the dressing room at EDM Expo center in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We have a show happening tonight on this lovely tour with Mastodon and Khemmis. I’ve been terrorizing the band and crew with this new music of mine, but I’m rather proud of it, what can I say? I thoroughly hope you enjoy the series as well as the music. I’ll watch it all tomorrow on our day off.
In the meantime I also wanted you guys to know that the soundtrack will be made available on a limited run double vinyl as well as on CD.
It’s coming out July 22 through Sony/Milan/InsideOut. Check it out, why dontcha…!"
Mikael Akerfeldt
Clark is a Swedish-language series directed by Jonas Åkerlund from scripts written by Fredrik Agetoft, Peter Arrhenius and Jonas Åkerlund. It’s based on the life and career of Sweden’s most infamous bank robber, Clark Olofsson. He’s also credited as the man behind the expression “The Stockholm syndrome.”
On writing the soundtrack to CLARK, ÅKERFELDT notes:
“Writing the music for CLARK is probably one of the most rewarding things I’ve done musically. It was so fun. Challenging, but fun. I wanted to do a good job of course, and provide music that would fit with the rather bizarre tale of Clark Olofsson. I had to conjure up a sound for him. His sound. It’s all in my head I guess, but it felt like I was on to something after having finished the first track. The immediate feedback from Jonas Åkerlund was almost overly positive. So I just took it from there. During the pandemic I wrote so much music for this project, but I like to think I didn’t stray too much from the "original sound of Clark". The finished soundtrack record is a downright wish-mash of musical styles. Some sounds I’m familiar with. Other sounds were brand new to me. Or old, depending on how you see it. Brand ”old”? The album doesn’t really make musical sense at all, and that’s pretty much the purpose. Writing music to portray the multi-faceted story of a man like Clark Olofsson was bound to generate some type of musical insanity. It (the music) is just all over the place. Oddly enough, so is my own personal taste in music. Even if many would deem Clark "a man insane", it really helped me in my work. No boundaries (let’s cross them). No rules (let’s break them). Anything goes….”
 
 
 
 OPETH: (MIKAEL AKERFELDT) SOUNDTRACK TO "CLARK" (VIA SPOTIFY, COURTESY OF OPETH): 
 
 
 
 
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-