Thursday, July 17, 2014

SOUNDS ASYLUM (MIDDLETOWN, NY, MUSIC VENUE): CLOSING?

SOUNDS ASYLUM, music venue in MIDDLETOWN, NY may be CLOSING OR changing management. 
SOUNDS ASYLUM music venue has featured local, regional, national and international acts in rock, hardcore, metal and punk. 




FROM SOUNDS ASYLUM (MIDDLETOWN, NY, MUSIC VENUE): 
Music has been a huge part of my life for a very long time. I poured a lot of blood, sweat and tears into it. Way before I ever even opened Sounds Asylum I was devoted and it was my main priority in life. All I wanted was to bring people together and create some memories.
After growing up a bit, cutting the recklessness completely out of my life and having another baby my priorities changed. I stepped back and started focusing on doing what's right for my kids. My mother after stepping in a couple years ago to help out when I needed it most decided to keep things going. She fell in love with it all. I could never thank her enough for all she's done. Sounds would've closed nearly a year ago now if it wasn't for her. After her recent health issues, it's time she let go and takes a much needed break.
Things have taken off with my printing and design company and financially it only makes sense for me to continue with that to ensure I can give my family everything they need. I don't want to see the venue go. I know it's become a second home for a lot of you over the passed 5 years. I'd really love to see it remain open and active. This place was meant for the music, it wasn't a get rich quick scheme. It was never created for massive financial gain it was about the music and about the memories.
If anyone's interested in trying to continue to build on the foundation that's set in place let me know. Thanks to every one who's been involved over the years, way too many of you to list. Thanks to everyone who has performed and everyone who has supported. Love you all.

 If you are interested in performing one last time in the venue please contact Mama about getting you on a date in August. 845 234 9396.
-Rob
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-