Saturday, April 23, 2016

DAWN OF AZAZEL: "Over the weekend Joe and Jeremy have both chosen to leave Dawn of Azazel"

New Zealand death metal warriors DAWN OF AZAZEL have announced guitarist JEREMY SUCKLING and vocalist JOE BONNETT have left the band.









DAWN OF AZAZEL unleashed "The Tides Of Domacles",  4/27/2015 via UNIQUE LEADER RECORDS.




FROM DAWN OF AZAZEL:
Over the weekend Joe and Jeremy have both chosen to leave Dawn of Azazel.
Joe- "After 16 unforgettable years of playing music with my brothers I have made one of the hardest decisions of my life and left Dawn Of Azazel. The reality is that when your heart tells you it is time to move on to different things sometimes you just have to follow. I will never forget all the good times and amazing people I have met along the way who have made this journey so rewarding. I want to send out a huge thank you to everyone that supported us in any way over the years, it's so humbling to think that anyone would believe in what we do enough to come to a show, buy a cd, put us on a show, give us a place to crash etc....the list goes on. All,that will never be forgotten. And of course, all the best to my bros, Rigel and Jeremy, it's been a blast.
Jeremy- "Leaving Dawn of Azazel wasn't something I had planned but after Joe told us he was leaving it felt like a crossroads situation, as I was also feeling like a change and considered him an irreplaceable member (we found it hard enough to get a second guitarist). I have spent the last 8 years blasting it out with these guys and had an amazing time. I met and played with some of my favourite bands, made 2 trips to Florida to record albums and made a lot of great memories. I'm very proud of what we achieved,and all the awesome people I met as a result. It's now time to shift gears with my brothers in SET ON END and another project. Thank you to Rigel Walshe and Joe Bonnett for everything! Also thanks to Brian Elliott and Gareth Craze for all your amazing work with the band!"
I'd like to acknowledge all the hard yards that they've put in over the many years I have had the pleasure of playing with them, and their perseverance working with me to achieve all that we have thus far. The realities of being a band with an international focus based in one of the most isolated countries in the world are no cakewalk and I cannot fault them for their choice. Hails to you both and I wish you all the best for whatever future endeavours may lie ahead. A final show with the three of us may still take place.
I cannot say whether this will be the end of Dawn of Azazel. I intend to keep things going but the answer will come from picking up the guitar, seeing what comes out of my hands and deciding the best course of action from there.
-Rigel



Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-