Wednesday, May 30, 2018

CANDLEMASS: "I am happy and proud to have our friend and producer Marcus Jidell to fill in for me with such short notice. It will be a great show and I will see you soon out there! Mappe"

Stockholm, Sweden based doom metal legends CANDLEMASS have sent this update as guitarist MATS "MAPPE" BJORKMAN is unable to perform this Friday at FREAK VALLEY.










CANDLEMASS unleashed "HOUSE OF DOOM" (EP),  5/25/2018 via NAPALM RECORDS.

 CANDLEMASS unleashed "DEATH THY LOVER" (EP), 6/3/2016 and "PSALMS FOR THE DEAD", 6/8/2012 both via NAPALM RECORDS.







FROM CANDLEMASS:
Hi everyone/
I want to clarify why I’m not able to perform this Friday at Freak Valley.

A few weeks ago I was rushed to the hospital with severe infection on the balance center of the brain. There is no direct treatment, still it’s not really dangerous.
My balance is not back to 100% and my doctors said it was a bad idea to be on an airplane (+ playing a show) such a short time after the incident.
I really thought I would be able to do Freak Valley but the decision to cancel was taken just a couple of days ago.
I am happy and proud to have our friend and producer Marcus Jidell to fill in for me with such short notice. It will be a great show and I will see you soon out there!

Mappe



Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-