Sunday, September 11, 2011

REMEMBERING 9/11/2001: WE WILL NEVER FORGET








Today is the 10th anniversary of the 9/11/2001 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center (NYC, Manhattan) buildings and The Pentagon attacks, over 3, 000 people were killed in the terrorist attacks as many lives have been changed for ever. We at ITP V.011 mark this anniversary of the most horrid day in American history with this being the only post for today.
(ITP V.011 will resume posting after 12 AM-/9/12/2011- EST USA)

EDITORS NOTE: Living in New Paltz, NY (90 minutes North of NYC). On 9/11/2001: I worked over time on the night shift, I woke up to housemates screaming in an other wise sedate house. I woke up at 10 30 AM, logged on line, and read only the headline of an article stating the World Trade Centers was on fire, the headline was misleading as it didn't state two airplanes crashed into the WTC buildings.
Then, within minutes, I got three Instant Messages from friends from all over the country explaining the terrorist attacks and what was happening.
I was shocked, anything can happen in NYC (I grew up in Manhattan), 9/11 was the worst thing to happen to our country, I spent the whole day in a surreal daze of shock.

A friend from New Jersey told me to log off line, to accept a phone call and her convo with me was FRANTIC, as she stated people were jumping out of windows of the WTC, and it was really bad, she was watching live coverage of the WTC tragedy on TV.. I called my mom in NYC, the line was busy as in retrospect the whole 212 area code was clogged up considering the 9/11 tragedy was unfolding.
I e-mailed my mom hoping for a prompt response, just to check up on family, and when she didn't e-mail or call back within two hours I called in to work as she did e-mail me around 10pm.
I didn't have TV in 2001, so I had no visual reference point other than still pics on line and in newspapers, and one AM news radio station. During the last few years, Watching news coverage, videos of the 9/11 attacks (ON YOU TUBE) and the desperation of the jumpers put the whole tragedy in horrid perspective.
Sadness.
In November of 2001, I went home to Manhattan for the Thanksgiving Holiday, VERY THANKFUL that all primary friends and family were OK. On the bus when we got to Lincoln Tunnel everyone on the bus had their faces glued to the windows, and we all were thinking the same thing: Something is missing in that NYC skyline as the fires still raged at ground zero (the longest running fire in American history).
My heart sunk.

BTW, the WTC are being re built, one building is up to 80 floors and counting.

Thank you to 9/11 first responders, fire fighters (FDNY) for your sacrifice.
Thanks to the church near the WTC for being a landmark and for being compassionate enough to let the victims families (searching for the missing) put pictures/flyers of their loved ones whom were missing and perished.

RIP to the WTC "jumpers" and I hope they found PEACE in their 30 second fall and in their choice, I understand this, there is no choice, and there IS a peace in the free fall.
FROM JIM MORRISON:
Death makes angels of us all
and gives us wings
where we had shoulders
smooth as raven's
claws

I woke up at 9 30 AM this morning to bag pipes and a somber drum beat, 9/11 remembrance in tears and hoping for peace and closure.
ITP's author was born and raised in Manhattan, NYC and always misses home.

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal, Stay SAFE-PEACE-\m/ -l-