Friday, February 1, 2013

ITP V.013 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P. ED KOCH (FORMER MAYOR OF NYC, NEW YORK)

R.I.P. to former NYC, New York mayor ED KOCH..
"The idea of leaving Manhattan permanently irritates me."-MAYOR KOCH 
ITP V.013 EDITORS NOTE: I think I witnessed former NYC, New York mayor ED KOCH in action back in the mid 80's, when I was a wee pup. I was walking down the street on the upper west side of Manhattan, and a little crowd was gathering (across the street) around an irate man arguing. ED KOCH was holding his ground, uninhibited, talking to his constituents, and telling them off, and he was very emotional.
Ten unhappy New Yorkers vs. ED KOCH, NOT A CHANCE, you can't argue with ED, just be happy to be living in one of the greatest cites in the world.

Needless to say, I was just a teen, and I stayed clear of the crowd and kept walking, kinda giggling as I knew it was ED KOCH, our mayor in the middle of hell of a time in NYC history, crime waves, racial conflict and wow.

Regardless of whom agrees or disagrees with former NYC, New York mayor ED KOCH, we thank him for his service to our great city, and it was a good time.Mayor Koch, in the convo I witnessed, was very tough, street smart, charismatic, protective, abrasive and realistic. Although I was confused and intimidated by the crowd, It was nice of Mayor ED KOCH to take the time to talk to constituents, ya gotta love him, and the 80's METS and GIANTS. .  I'm  proud to say, despite the turbulent times, I never had mutch of problem living in NYC during the 80's, kinda miss it.
:Inside joke on ED KOCH's statement to his crowd of constituents in the mid 80's: Yeh, I miss NYC, although I can't afford it.

FROM DEMOCRACY NOW:





R.I.P ED-\m/ -l-