Thursday, June 11, 2015

ITP V.015 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P. CHRISTOPHER LEE (ACTOR/MUSICIAN)

According to media sources, actor, musician, and very loyal metal head CHRISTOPHER LEE  (LORD OF THE RINGS, DRACULA) has passed at 93.






ITP V.015 EDITORS NOTE:
SIR CHRISTOPHER LEE, great actor and LOYAL metal head and extreme metal artist well into senior age. . All fans and artists should be as awesome as SIR CHRISTOPHER LEE.

FROM THE LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY:
“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” RIP to the one and only Saruman, Dracula and the face of so many unforgettable roles -- the extraordinary Christopher Lee will never be forgotten.

FROM GEORGE TAKEI:
The world has lost a great actor. I remember him not only as the turncoat wizard Saruman in the LOTR movies (which he played until he was past 90) and as Count Dooku in the Star Wars franchise, but for his roles in Dracula, as an evil James Bond villain, and in the Curse of Frankenstein many decades ago. Because of his villainous portrayals on-screen, fewer knew about his other passions--a love for rock music (he had his own heavy metal band) and his tireless devotion to charity and the advancement of the dramatic arts, for which he was knighted in 2009. What a varied and wondrous career. Go to light up the heavens now, Mr. Lee. Bravo for a life well lived and a career we shall remember.

FROM METAL HEADS (FACEBOOK):
The most metal actor ever really died... R.I.P. Christopher Lee! frown emoticon
~Thrashing Assault~


FROM SPINEFARM RECORDS: 

R.I.P. Christopher Lee, a metal icon.

FROM NAPALM RECORDS: 

RIP Sir Christopher Lee!

FROM LISTENABLE RECORDS:   

A great one is gone ...
RIP Sir Christopher Lee


FROM METAL SUCKS: 

Christopher Lee, actor in Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and heavy metal devotee and recording artist, has died at the age of 93.


FROM SAINT VITUS BAR: 

Lee lived a life to be admired and celebrated. He was an estimable actor, a Nazi hunter, and chose to celebrate his 92nd birthday with grace, recording a metal cover of Sinatra's "My Way."
Farewell, sir. And thank you.

FROM THE WALL STREET JOURNAL:  

Christopher Lee, a towering presence in horror and fantasy films for more than six decades, has died at 93.

FROM MOONSPELL: 

Rest in peace Sir Christopher Lee and thanks for making us feel alive and for making our blood either freeze or pump!
You're a beast evil one!

FROM TONY IOMMI (BLACK SABBATH): 

So sad to hear about the loss of Sir Christopher Lee. The man was truly a legend and such a great inspiration for me and millions of others. His legacy will live on in the hearts of all his fans. My wife Maria and I will remember him with great fondness.
Our thoughts are with his wife Gitta, daughter Christina and family. -Tony

 FROM OI POLLOI: 

As well as making some excellent metal music and hunting down Nazi war criminals, Christopher Lee also spoke out against vivisection:-
http://www.peta.org/…/christopher-lee-knew-real-horror-whe…/


FROM OPETH:

And we also collectively have to pay our respects to Sir Christopher Lee. A giant amongst actors. Of course we all know him from ”The lord of the rings” but his prior work was equally important to me. All the Hammer horror stuff kept me up during late nights in my early teens and i still frequently go back to watch his films. Loving ”The wicker man”, whose soundtrack is a touring partner for me. His ”The tinker of Rye” is just classic! A beer swinging song! The day before I heard about his passing I watched an interview between himself and my other idol, Vincent Price. How odd. I’d never even seen a Christopher Lee interview in my life, but shortly before he passed I did. So…much respect Chris! I’m sure he’d hate anyone calling him Chris, but I seem to recall Mr Price did, so what the hell….Sir Christopher Lee. Rest in Peace. - Mikael and Opeth

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-