Monday, January 18, 2016

ITP V.016 ONLY ONE PER COFFIN: R.I.P. GLENN FREY (THE EAGLES)

 "I've been searching for the daughter of the Devil himself, I've been searching for the Angel in white. I've been waiting for a woman who's a little of both, I can see her but she's know where in sight."-THE EAGLES (DON HENLEY/GLENN FREY)







California U.S.A. rock legends THE EAGLES have sadly sent this statement as band founder, guitarist/vocalist GLENN FREY has died of colitis and pneumonia at 67.









THE EAGLES unleashed "LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN", 10/30/2007 POLYDOR.



ITP V.016 EDITORS NOTE:  For some reason, a few weeks ago, there was a song by the EAGLES that got stuck in my head from a store playing music on the radio, stuck in my head for hours singing along. The song was the title track from THE EAGLES 9175 release "ONE OF THESE NIGHTS", I love the lyrics and rhythm guitar. I considered THE EAGLES corporate rock and muzac from the 70's..As I got older, I've learned to really appreciate the EAGLES amazing songwriting, (specifically DON HENLEY'S) as they are a very talented band. R.I.P. GLENN.

FROM THE EAGLES:
It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our comrade, Eagles founder, Glenn Frey, in New York City on Monday, January 18th, 2016.
Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from Rheumatoid Arthritis, Acute Ulcerative Colitis and Pneumonia.
The Frey family would like to thank everyone who joined Glenn to fight this fight and hoped and prayed for his recovery.
Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us, his family, the music community & millions of fans worldwide.
Cindy Frey | Taylor Frey | Deacon Frey | Otis Frey
Don Henley | Joe Walsh | Timothy B. Schmit | Bernie Leadon | Irving Azoff

“It’s Your World Now”
Written by Glenn Frey and Jack Tempchin
From the Eagles’ Long Road Out of Eden album

A perfect day, the sun is sinkin’ low
As evening falls, the gentle breezes blow
The time we shared went by so fast
Just like a dream, we knew it couldn’t last
But I’d do it all again
If I could, somehow
But I must be leavin’ soon
It’s your world now

It’s your world now
My race is run
I’m moving on
Like the setting sun
No sad goodbyes
No tears allowed
You’ll be alright
It’s your world now

Even when we are apart
You’ll always be in my heart
When dark clouds appear in the sky
Remember true love never dies

But first a kiss, one glass of wine
Just one more dance while there’s still time
My one last wish: someday, you’ll see
How hard I tried and how much you meant to me

It’s your world now
Use well your time
Be part of something good
Leave something good behind
The curtain falls
I take my bow
That’s how it’s meant to be
It’s your world now
It’s your world now
It’s your world now




FROM DON HENLEY:

“He was like a brother to me; we were family, and like most families, there was some dysfunction. But, the bond we forged 45 years ago was never broken, even during the 14 years that the Eagles were dissolved. We were two young men who made the pilgrimage to Los Angeles with the same dream: to make our mark in the music industry — and with perseverance, a deep love of music, our alliance with other great musicians and our manager, Irving Azoff, we built something that has lasted longer than anyone could have dreamed. But, Glenn was the one who started it all. He was the spark plug, the man with the plan. He had an encyclopedic knowledge of popular music and a work ethic that wouldn’t quit. He was funny, bullheaded, mercurial, generous, deeply talented and driven. He loved his wife and kids more than anything. We are all in a state of shock, disbelief and profound sorrow. We brought our two-year “History of the Eagles Tour” to a triumphant close at the end of July and now he is gone. I’m not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some.”
-Don Henley

FROM PATRICIA THOMAS MANAGEMENT:
RIP Glenn Frey. Another musician who shaped my musical path. This has been a cruel, cruel start to the year.


FROM STEVIE NICKS: 

I’m sure more words will come later. Seeing though my tears to this white paper is almost impossible right now. For now…just this…
Take it easy, Mr Frey~
As you fly~
Take it easy~
Stevie Nicks (Brokenhearted)


FROM MIKE PORTNOY: 

An Open Letter & THANK YOU from Mike Portnoy
I hate to be overly emotional (& morbid), but with the recent passing of Bowie, Lemmy & Chris Squire (all approx aged 70), it's dawned on me that we are about to enter a new unprecedented era of Rock & Roll deaths...
I know it's horrible to think of, but the reality is that all of our musical heroes that emerged in the 1960's & 1970's are now entering their 70's & 80's...
It's crazy to think of a world without Paul McCartney or Elton John or Mick Jagger...but it's very possible that that time may be approaching sooner than later.
It's a sad, stone cold reality....

I've always hated when artists pass away and only THEN do they get the love and recognition they deserve...(ex: Bowie scoring his FIRST #1 album in the US this week)
So I'd like to take this moment to thank my biggest living musical heroes while they are still alive for changing my life for the better and making me who I am:
Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Nick Mason, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, Brian May, Roger Taylor, John Deacon, Brian Wilson, Charlie Watts, Mick Jagger, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jon Anderson, Bill Bruford, Steve Howe, Rick Wakeman, Alan White, Robert Fripp, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford, Steve Hackett, Tony Banks, Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Bill Ward, Ian Paice, Roger Glover, Ian Gillan, Richie Blackmore, Ace Frehley, Peter Criss, Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson & Neil Peart....(and thousands of other musicians & bands that followed...)
THANK YOU from this humble drummer as well as on behalf of millions of others around the world whose lives you have touched with your tremendous talents and passion...may you still be here for decades to come, but I wanted to thank you NOW while we are all still here....
And To Keith Richards: thank you as well...and please take care of this planet for my grandchildren after we're all gone...
With Love & Respect,
MIKE PORTNOY


 FROM WAX TRAX RECORDS: 

Sure, the Eagles were one of the bands punk rockers loved to hate but this is still sad news. Being in a band that sold more than 120 million albums means you touched a lot of lives: that counts for a lot.

FROM ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME: 

Today we and other fans around the world lost a beloved member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame family. Inducted with the Eagles in 1998, Glenn Frey's gift for songwriting shaped among rock's most iconic songs with indelible melodies and resonant lyrics. He will be missed.
Looking back to Eagles Induction and this memorable performance.

FROM FOO FIGHTERS: 

RIP Glenn Frey. A badass who will be greatly missed! - Taylor 

FROM SWEET RELIEF:
Heartbroken to hear of Glenn Frey's passing today. His music with The Eagles was a crucial part of my formative years in becoming a musically-obsessive fan, and countless songs of his/theirs can instantly take me to specific places and times in my life that bring a smile to my face. This has been an especially rough couple of weeks in the music world for losing iconic artists that impacted so many lives with their art. R.I.P. Glenn and thank you for your many songs that will live on for decades to come. ~ BB, Sweet Relief Musicians Fund

Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-