Tuesday, September 15, 2026

ED SHEERAN: POSTS STATEMENT ON DROPPING MACKLEMORE FROM TOUR

 May be an image of text that says '"I am appalled by the conflict between Israel and Palestine. The suffering and pain caused on both sides is a human tragedy... Macklemore coming off tour was the promoter's decision, it was not mine. Macklemore's contract for the tour was with the promoter, not me." Ed Sheeran speaks out after Macklemore is dropped from his tour over 'Free Palestine speech'

 

ED SHEERAN have posted a statement on dropping MACKLEMORE from his tour after making pro Palestine statements.  

 . However, in the metal scene,you will be hearing from ED SHEERAN as he is due for a collaboration with British, gothic, black metal warriors CRADLE OF FILTH. 

 

After a pretty tame pro Palestinian speech at New Jersey's MET LIFE STADIUM, New England Patriots owner ROBERT KRAFT banned MACKLEMORE from GILLETTE STADIUM (BOSTON) and organized a boycott of other U.S.A.  stadiums..ED SHEERAN was forced to kick  MACKLEMORE off the bill. 

 

ITP V.026 EDITORS NOTE: Sounds like censorship to me. I saw the video for  MACKLEMORE's speech in New Jersey, nothing anti Semitic was said. 

 wow. I don't even listen to hip hop and barely know this artist. He didn't say anything anti Semitic. Unfortunately, post holocaust, Israel has done to Palestinians what the Nazis did to the Jews. It's possible to support Jewish safety and the Palestinian people without supporting terrorism.

I'm disappointed in the leadership in Israel and Palestine. Apartheid needs to end and Israel and Palestine must learn to live together in peace.  

Support of the people of Palestine does not automatically make one antisemitic.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

FROM ED SHEERAN and VARIETY:: 

 

Ed Sheeran says Macklemore being dropped from his tour was not his decision and explains why he stays quiet on political issues such as Israel and Palestine:
"I am appalled by the conflict between Israel and Palestine ... I have my personal views on this devastating conflict. Just because I choose not to speak publicly, it doesn't mean I don't have them, and it doesn't mean I don't care... There is a reason I do not use my professional platform for politics - my audience includes young people, often children, of all backgrounds. Those who come to my shows do not expect a political forum. I respect Macklemore's strength of purpose to stand up and shout for what he believes. However, there is room for multiple approaches to the same end: peace. I choose to use my fame and platform to be a place of safety and sanctuary, to maintain diplomacy and keep conversations open, not closed. If we only focus on shouting the loudest, nothing will ever change. There are different approaches to being an advocate for change."
 
Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-