Thursday, February 23, 2017

DRACONIAN: "It seems that many people are confused over my situation with Draconian. Some people even going around saying I've left the band and Sweden. This couldn't be further from the truth, so please read our official channels first"

HEIKE LANGHANS, vocalist for Swedish Gothic doom metal warriors DRACONIAN has posted this statement regarding a residence permit and traveling with the band.








DRACONIAN unleashed "SOVRAN", 10/30/2015 via NAPALM RECORDS.





FROM HEIKE LANGHANS (DRACONIAN):
It seems that many people are confused over my situation with Draconian. Some people even going around saying I've left the band and Sweden. This couldn't be further from the truth, so please read our official channels first. Or simply ask me yourself. Feel free to share this.
So here's the deal. I am IN Sweden and I cannot leave Sweden. My residence permit extension is being processed. Usually this would take 3-7 months, but because of the Refugee situation (and trust me it is quite the situation), the waiting time is currently 14 - 22 months. Yes, you read that correctly. I have to wait more than 1 year for a 2 year permit.
The reason I cannot leave is A) I have to be here when called upon for an interview at any point and B) without the permit I have no piece of shitty paper allowing me to return after travel. And I live here. With Dan &the Cats So not being able to return would be a problem.
I have received nothing but mixed answers from the Migration board on temporary ways to fix this and most of them require more embassies, more money, more paperwork and more waiting times. Quite frankly it's tedious and soul-destroying. This is why I simply have to wait for my permit before I can travel again.
Our management has been trying to speed up the process, to little avail and sometimes I feel like sharing the email address of the dude handling my case. Imagine an army of fans spamming him with emails to give me my effing permit already . :D
So I hope this gives some clarity. I will see you all again eventually. Please be as patient as I have.


Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-