Wednesday, May 14, 2014

ITP V.014 WORLD APOCALYPSE: VIC GUITARS HOMOPHOBIC?

Guitar manufacturer VIC GUITARS has come under fire this week for VIC KULETSKI's homophobic comments posted on FACEBOOK. VIC KULETSKI (CEO OF VIC GUITARS)  made a vague (construed as a homophobic reference to two members of CYNIC, Paul Masvidal and Sean Reinert, whom last week in a LA TIMES article came out as gay and often used headless guitars.)  homophobic comment stating “Well now I know for sure... that something that has always been turning me off headless guitars." FACEBOOK POSTER: “Do I get a discount if I'm heterosexual?,”  KULETSKI: “No, but you'd get charged twice the price if you were not.”





Many artists, ended their relationship/endorsement deals with VIC GUITARS or/and spoke out against VIC KULETSKI's homophobic commentary and pseudo apologies: Swedish producer/guitarist PER NILSSON (SCAR SYMMETRY/THE ABSENCE) , ANIMALS AS LEADERS, MISHA of PERIPHERY.

ITP V.014 EDITORS NOTE: Yeh, I would boycott that douchenozzle VIC KULETSKI and we don't need no stinking endorsement deal from VIC GUITARS, NOH8!!!

FROM VIC KULETSKI (VIC GUITARS):
 There’s a big difference between “don’t like” and “hate”. I don’t hate gay people, pretty much as I don’t hate anything. Hatred is a sick feeling and never led to anything good. 
Fuck whatever you like, it’s none of my business. But don’t expect me to like or sympathize your choice just because you are “different”. I may be tolerant to you and that’s it.



FROM MISHA MANSOOR (PERIPHERY):
"Two years ago I placed an order with Vik Kuletski of Vik Guitars. Today that order has been cancelled. I cannot in good conscience actively promote or support him or his company with his outspoken and unwavering views against LGBT and their rights. The guitar in question had been arranged at a discounted price in exchange for promotion on my end, but after his comments I refuse to promote or be associated with his brand. I felt the only recourse was to ask for my money back. He assures me it will be back in my Paypal in full this Friday. I can only hope he sticks to his word.
To elaborate:
I had known about his issues with delivering guitars in a timely fashion to customers, and his apparent lack of skill at customer service in general. I have also experienced this myself over the last two years. I had been happy to wait at the time because I knew the guitar would be of good quality and had been making an effort to resolve his issues. I had hoped to be able to promote a new and improved Vik Guitars.
I paid for the balance of the guitar in 


FROM LOUDWIRE:
Two members of this band made a strong statement after apparent homophobic comments were made against a fellow metal musician. Details here:

FROM METAL INJECTION:
Vik Guitars owner posts homophobic comments on Facebook page leading to members of Periphery and Scar Symmetry to denounce their affiliation:http://bit.ly/1mVgrrj


FROM METAL HAMMER:
A leading guitar manufacturer has come under fire after alleged homophobic comments were posted on Facebook
A leading guitar manufacturer in the world of rock music is facing a backlash...
METALHAMMER.COM



FROM SEASON OF MIST: 
Tymon and Michel from the Dutch fusion metal band Exivious(including former members of Cynic) made a little song to cheerfully comment on homophobia. In their own words: 
"It might be of interest that ex-members of Cynic are also totally ok with Sean and Paul being gay. Cheers, Tymon and Michel on behalf of Exivious." 



FROM EXIVIOUS:
As many of you have noticed, there is a heated debate going about guitar builder Vik Kuletski's outspoken opinion on gay people. Michel and Tymon would like to respond to this opinion in the form of a song they wrote.

The metal scene is on fire this week! An intimate picture of two Children Of Bodom members and our own little video got picked up by Metal Injection / Metalsucks!

VIDEO BELOW: VIK IN THE CLOSET (COURTESY OF EXIVIOUS ):


Thanks-Stay Metal, Stay Brutal-\m/ -l-